PDA

View Full Version : MUSKET TRIGGER GUARD * 1874 IH*OLD PEWTER MEDAL

HEAVYMETALNUT
07-01-2012, 10:41 AM
was a pretty warm one yesterday & decided to go back to a old faithful cellar hole.the heat sucked the life outta me but managed a few keepers.a 1874 IH penny,a old trigger guard,a pewter sunburst thingy that i thought was a flattened spoon bowl when 1st dug & a old pewter medal or token.what a shame pewter doesnt hold up well as i cannot identify it.back is shot but you can make out a mans bust facing right.a broken shoe buckle frame and a old bullet with no markings

del
07-01-2012, 10:51 AM
hey cool finds Dave , the trigger guard :smitten: :smitten: to me looks more to a pistol than a long musket , to bad you can't get more off the pewter medal or token. don't know if this is it but it looks somewhat similar to the outline of the bust .

can you post a closer picture Dave.

HEAVYMETALNUT
07-01-2012, 09:27 PM
hey cool finds Dave , the trigger guard :smitten: :smitten: to me looks more to a pistol than a long musket , to bad you can't get more off the pewter medal or token. don't know if this is it but it looks somewhat similar to the outline of the bust .

can you post a closer picture Dave.

about the best i can do Dan

chief5709
07-02-2012, 04:56 AM
WoW, some great colonial relics there! Nice finds!

Fire Fighter 43
07-02-2012, 01:55 PM
Nice digs, WTG |:cheering:

Celluforce
07-02-2012, 10:09 PM
Great find!

Am I right to think that your cartridge have been shot?
On the pictures, it seems that the primer was hit but still have the bullet attached... Am I right?

Your cartridge looks like a 44-40, a caliber that was very popular in the past... Your bullet also look like a .44

Again, great find! Continue your good work and thanks for the sharing