PDA

View Full Version : A newbie from Minnesota

ScrapMetal
05-27-2012, 12:33 PM
Hi

Just thought I would say hello to all in the forum.
I have been reading the posts and find you all seem to be a friendly bunch.

I am new to detecting having bought a used Ace 250 and have done some detecting basically in TotLots where I can dig in the wood chips. Mostly finding newer pennies, but at same time learning techniques and how best to use the detector.

I am located near the Twin Cities in Minnesota, and hopefully as I progress will venture to more lucrative spots and start finding more interesting targets.

I am amazed with what others are finding and of course so envious.

Fire Fighter 43
05-27-2012, 02:49 PM
Welcome to the forum from SE Wisconsin. I'm glad to see you found us and I'm always happy to welcome a fellow Midwesterner. Do not be afraid to ask questions we have a lot of experienced detectorist here. HH and GL

aloldstuff
05-27-2012, 06:33 PM
Scrapmetal, welcome from western MA. I sort of started just like you, ony I did parks and schools. Once I finally moved onto field, thats when the finds really started happening. Glad you found us. Looking forward to your future finds and posts.

CODY
05-27-2012, 09:27 PM
Welcome from Mississippi. Welcome to the forum. Will be looking forward to your finds and post. I started also in public places and still hunt them. I prefer private property which I have gotten permission to hunt. HH

Ill Digger
05-27-2012, 11:08 PM
Hey ScrapMetal :groovy:
Welcome to the forum from the cornfields of Illinois! :grin:
It sounds like your on the right track. Just starting out it's good to hunt some totlots and trashier areas. It defiantly gives you plenty of targets :hairpulling: lol Plus, different situations . That'll help when you find your favorite type of detecting. thumbsup01
GL & HH! Can't wait to see and hear about some of your finds! :->

del
05-27-2012, 11:54 PM
hello ScrapMetal glad you could join us here , don't be too envious as most of it is location and the better you become at research the better you'll become at pulling up great stuff . i know it won't be too long before you will be making us envious of the things you find . welcome

Dan

Tony Two-Cent
05-28-2012, 09:31 AM
Welcome from Illinois! I know of people that make incredible finds with the Ace 250. If you keep at it I'm sure that you will be finding some amazing keepers as well. Keep us updated on your progress!

Glad to have you here!

Lowjiber
05-29-2012, 06:03 AM
We're happy to have you aboard. Welcome from southern Nevada.

OxShoeDrew
05-30-2012, 06:02 PM
I was in Minneapolis last summer, loved it :daydream:
Actually saw a cellar hole in the middle of the city, right on the river. I think it was a museum of sorts. I wanted to detect it. :cheesysmile:
Good luck with your future finds and look forward to your posts.

jkress
06-03-2012, 10:26 PM
Welcome from Iowa ScrapMetal. Glad you are here with us. :clapping:

I lived several years just outside of the Cities. Loved it. :smitten: Especially being a diehard walleye guy. :yes:
I remember several places in your area I would have loved to search had I been metal detecting at the time.

The Ace 250 is the machine I started with and found many nice oldies with it. A great machine.
Feel free to ask any questions you may have. I logged many hours on the yellow fellow. ;)

Vinny Barberino
06-29-2012, 10:37 AM
Welcome from Mankato Minnesota! This is a great State to metal detect in thumbsup01

Good Luck and post pictures!

Vin

buck57
06-29-2012, 12:03 PM
Welcome from Missouri ScapMetal. :waving: Parks are always a good place I noticed, since there is always people visiting them. Make sure to show us your finds. Love seeing pic's :smitten: Good hunting to ya, thumbsup01 Eric