PDA

View Full Version : CT CIVIL WAR BUTTON,BARBER QTR,FOB & OLD NAVY BUCKLE?

HEAVYMETALNUT
04-07-2012, 07:04 PM
got out to a old home that i have had permission to hunt in the past.there's alot of junk in this yard and wanted to get back here and give it another shot.the owner is 82 & what a pleasant guy he is.love talkin to him about the old days.
well another full pouch day of junk as you can see.I dug my butt off again
but managed some keepers.a cool green river whiskey watch fob.a 1906 barber qtr,a connecticut civil war button and this navy buckle? is this military issued? :confused: or civilian like i'm thinking when i was about to leave the owner told me that his yard and adjacent fields was a civil war camp at some point
I never showed him the button either.
also curious as to what the english lettered plate is? emblem off a old bicycle?
any help would be appreciated.
Dave

HEAVYMETALNUT
04-07-2012, 07:05 PM
more pics

OxShoeDrew
04-07-2012, 07:13 PM
My Gosh Dave :shocked03: one find is better than the next. :drool:

del
04-07-2012, 08:11 PM
sweet day of relics Dave :clapping: :clapping: and a barber to boot |:cheering: |:cheering: |:cheering:

HEAVYMETALNUT
04-07-2012, 08:48 PM
sweet day of relics Dave :clapping: :clapping: and a barber to boot |:cheering: |:cheering: |:cheering:

thanks Dan! but answer the gosh darn question geesh! elbows you...eh hmmmm the anchor buckle :poke:

Fire Fighter 43
04-08-2012, 08:22 AM
Nice finds and congrats on a nice hunt. |:cheering:

del
04-08-2012, 10:20 AM
thanks Dan! but answer the gosh darn question geesh! elbows you...eh hmmmm the anchor buckle :poke:

quid pro quo Dave , you have to answer my question before i can answer yours :teasing: lol

is the anchor designed part pretty thinly stamped , could you bent it if you wanted to??

Toadman
04-08-2012, 02:28 PM
Awesome day of relic huting !! :perfect10: I aint had a day like that in a long, long time.. crying01

Hope the buckle is a rare one for ya |:confused:) |:confused:) Banner material :callme:

Merc
04-08-2012, 04:20 PM
Sweet hunt as usual Dave. Did you hit that barber? very interesting naval buckle.

Tony Two-Cent
04-08-2012, 07:35 PM
You are the king of relic hunters, Dave! You always find the coolest stuff!

I love the Barber Quarter, as well as the watch fob, civil war button and the buckle!

Congrats on another amazing hunt! :clapping:

HEAVYMETALNUT
04-09-2012, 09:56 AM
Sweet hunt as usual Dave. Did you hit that barber? very interesting naval buckle.

thanks.no i didnt hit it brandon.was scuffed when it came out

CODY
04-09-2012, 12:34 PM
Way to go Dave, That is some great finds! Congrats thumbsup01

HEAVYMETALNUT
04-09-2012, 08:25 PM
You are the king of relic hunters, Dave! You always find the coolest stuff!

I love the Barber Quarter, as well as the watch fob, civil war button and the buckle!

Congrats on another amazing hunt! :clapping:

thanks Tony! Dan is the King i'm just a student of his.