PDA

View Full Version : First Big Silver!!!!!!!!!

CODY
01-31-2012, 05:20 PM
Hi folks, I am excited! Found my first silver half dollar today. A Walking Liberty. She looks like shes been through a fire and shes pretty much wore out, but shes my first and I'm proud of her. Here is the story. A friend of mine who owns a garage called me and told me that the city had torn down two condemed houses across from his shop. He told me he didn't think anyone would say anything if I wanted to hunt them. Seems the owners couldnt pay the taxes so the city will probably end up with them. So I started. Got about half way through with the first one when a postman stopped and asked if I was finding anything. I had only found some clad and a couple of wheats. He told me he use to MD. And told me about some of his finds. Asked me if I had ever found a Half Dollar. I told him no and it didn't look like I was ever going to. We finished our conversation and he left. It wasn't 10 minutes when I hit this signal. And I almost didn't dig it. It was jumping between the mid 60's and mid 90's. But there was a steady high tone to it. I even turned my back to it once, sure it was junk. Because of the steady tone I dug it anyway. Boy, glad I did. The only number I can see in the date is the last one. It's an 8. I also found three wheats, 1944, 5?, and a 52D. I also found another coin or token, its to the right of the three wheats. I don't know what it is yet as it is pretty crusty. I've got it soaking. Sorry to be so long winded. Thanks for looking.

PS. Finally got the WL clean enough to see the date. Can barley make out the 1 in front of the 8. 1918. No way to see a mint mark.

Fire Fighter 43
01-31-2012, 05:23 PM
Congrats Cody!! :clapping: I know your a detecting machine so it is well deserved find. HH

CTDirtFisher
01-31-2012, 05:40 PM
Big silver is such a RUUUUUUUUUUUUUSSSSSHHHHH!

Congratulations !!

Snapolson
01-31-2012, 05:52 PM
:perfect10: Great dig!!! Everytime I get a nice high tone it turns out to be a bottle cap! lol Someday I hope to bag a Walker like yours! Congrats!

JTGOLD
01-31-2012, 06:05 PM
nice big silver find,and I like the little car,wtg.

randy
01-31-2012, 06:33 PM
Congrats on the big silver :perfect10: That is an incredible feeling to see one of those in the hole, isn't it. And here's to many more for you :beerbuddy:

starman2
01-31-2012, 06:38 PM
:perfect10:, :wow:! She may be worn. But she's a beaut! Congratulations on your first silver half |:confused:) Can't ask for a better hunt then that. Except baybe to go back and find another. WTG!! :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

plehbah
01-31-2012, 07:11 PM
Those big silver half dollars are so much fun to find. People have told me so.

Congratulations on that sweet number!

POKIE73
01-31-2012, 08:04 PM
big congrats to you cody it was only a matter of time again great find dennis

Hook
01-31-2012, 08:38 PM
nice big one! it may not be pristine but its still a gorgeous coin in my opinion. yours came out prettier than my first one. the feeling when you realize its a half dollar is such a rush isnt it? lol.congrats!!

Atokad
01-31-2012, 09:06 PM
wow very huge congrats to you Cody! :envious: :envious: :envious:

Tony Two-Cent
01-31-2012, 09:09 PM
What an awesome find, Cody! I'm going to guess that it's 1918 since it's worn so nicely.

How funny that the mailman asked you if you'd ever found a half and the BAM you found one! That's a great story!

Congrats on the fantastic find! :clapping:

Atokad
01-31-2012, 09:30 PM
What an awesome find, Cody! I'm going to guess that it's 1918 since it's worn so nicely.

How funny that the mailman asked you if you'd ever found a half and the BAM you found one! That's a great story!

Congrats on the fantastic find! :clapping:

LOL My mailman stopped beside me today and asked if I ever found anything valuable also. 10 minutes later I dug up a rusty bolt >:/
True story too!!

milco
01-31-2012, 10:33 PM
Congrats on your first silver half! I found my first last year and I am hoping for more this year! Congrats again!

jkress
01-31-2012, 10:52 PM
Ohhhhh, she's a beauty Cody. :smitten: Plus an early one too.

I'll bet it was quite exciting when you first noticed it in the dirt. :yes: :clapping:

Congratulations sir.

Ill Digger
01-31-2012, 11:08 PM
Worn out or not, it's a Walker !! <: And it's a nice hunk of silver! :yes: lol
Plus it's your first one.....you'll never dig your first Walker ever again! \:hammer:
It's special! thumbsup01 Nice find buddy! :clapping:
Congrats! :grin:

skribnodsister
01-31-2012, 11:21 PM
Nice finds Cody :peace: Congrats on your first silver half :perfect10:

Cheap Thrills
02-01-2012, 12:13 AM
A nice older one with character . Bravo !!

aloldstuff
02-01-2012, 08:07 AM
WTG gotta love digging big silver. She is old and worn but I can tell you're still proud of her. Imagine if you and the postman had talked about a silver dollar......

sandals
02-02-2012, 09:11 AM
WTG!!...nice score on that big silver!.... :cheering: