PDA

View Full Version : Doubled up today

RaZR
01-25-2012, 04:43 PM
When i came out into the livingroom today my E-trac was crying. I asked what's the matter. Nothing, was the reply. C'mon tell me what's bothering you. Well, you haven't taken me out lately and i'm getting tired of spending all day inside.
So, what could i do? We went out!
Back to the park that i got my first two silvers of the year and the three silver rings.
Today i got NO rings! But i did score a pair of earrings. rofl Both in the same hole.
But i also doubled my silver count for the year. I dug up a crusty zink penny then hit a beautiful high sound that rang up quarter. And it was! Only my second silver Washington evar. A 1946 plain. Just a little further over from where i found it as i was on my way back to the truck (feet were getting cold) i hit another high silver sound. This time it was a merc and i could see it was pretty well worn. I thought it could be the 1916-D i'm looking for. But at home, cleaned up it's a 1917-S. I guess i'll keep it. Also got a few clad coins and a 1944 wheat.

Here's pics...............

starman2
01-25-2012, 05:10 PM
:perfect10: |:cheering:Congrats on the silver |:cheering: You had a better day then me. I found .35 cents. Couldn't get the detector to quiet down. >:\ I'm happy you scored :happydance01: Have you tried on the earings yet? rofl

JTGOLD
01-25-2012, 05:28 PM
great silver day and other nice finds,wtg.

randy
01-25-2012, 06:02 PM
Love those multi-silver days. Congrats happydance02

CODY
01-25-2012, 09:57 PM
Sweet finds, congrats on the Silver. HH

dave in iowa
01-25-2012, 10:24 PM
Great hunt ................Hurry spring thumbsup01

Ill Digger
01-25-2012, 10:31 PM
When i came out into the livingroom today my E-trac was crying. I asked what's the matter. Nothing, was the reply. C'mon tell me what's bothering you. Well, you haven't taken me out lately and i'm getting tired of spending all day inside.
So, what could i do? We went out!
:huh: Awww crying01 You almost made me cry :crying02: .............. :rolleyes: 8/ lol
I know how you feel though :yes:
Just yesterday, as I walked past my E-Trac it gave me this dirty look! >:# I was like.. :rolleyes: So I wiped all the dirt off of it. :grin:....... lol

Well it looks like your soft spot for the E-Trac, payed off, at a hot spot for some goodies! <: happydance02
Don't ya just love digging up a crusty zincer and rechecking the hole and getting that sweet, deep, silver sound!?! :shocked04: :smitten: :drool:
Bummer on the 1916.... :rolleyes: ....maybe next time. :dontknow:
Sweet little hunt! thumbsup01
Congrats! :grin:

Snapolson
01-25-2012, 10:52 PM

lol Great finds!!! :perfect10:

jkress
01-25-2012, 11:16 PM
That's a great hunt RaZR. <:

Lots of nice goodies... especially the quarter. :smitten:

Aren't you having winter weather up there in Michigan? I'd need to bring along my snow blower and sawzall to do any hunting around here.

Congrats.

Cheap Thrills
01-25-2012, 11:25 PM
Nice going RaZR . |:cheering:

aloldstuff
01-26-2012, 09:54 AM
Two nice pieces of silver and congrats on getting your 2nd wash. I think from now on, if the merc is not a 16d, you should just rebury it(with a nail)

Tony Two-Cent
01-27-2012, 07:24 PM
Very nice hunt, RaZR! We can't be have a crying E-Trac now can we? lol

A couple of very nice silvers for you, especially the quarter! I don't find very many silver quarters at all. And hey, a 1917-S Merc is better than a 1945! (Or a clad dime!)

Great finds for this any time of year! thumbsup01

plehbah
01-28-2012, 03:35 PM
Don't leave those earrings just laying around, brother....

You might stir up some controversy!

tanacat
01-28-2012, 05:32 PM
Congrats on the silver! |:cheering: :clapping: :cheering:

Fire Fighter 43
01-28-2012, 06:35 PM
Nice hunt and congrats on the silver.