PDA

View Full Version : Cabin Fever Video

coinhunter
01-23-2012, 11:53 AM
With two inches of snow on the frozen ground and windy decided to make a 2011 finds video. Thank for watching. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUfgqzSaz1s&feature=plcp&context=C3c43d82U DOEgsToPDskKlD0R7fTPqDjIbIEawIoTv

tanacat
01-23-2012, 12:10 PM
I really enjoyed your video! :clapping: Great job & the music was nice and relaxing :yes:

Wonderful finds for 2011 :wow: Nice variety, lots of 'B' items... bullets, buttons, buckles, balls (musket) lol That Walker sure is beautiful- curious what's on the chain next to it?

I love the shots of the plowed fields and your nifty soil sifter :) Btw, I live in Ky and have been walking fields for over 20 yrs collecting arrowheads. Looking forward to getting out in the middle of one particular field with my detector. I remember an area where there was visible evidence of an old homestead--- lots of broken china, nails, marbles, etc...

coinhunter
01-23-2012, 12:22 PM
The soil sifter is a plastic spaghetti drainer that I painted black that you can find in most grocery stores. Once I remove the grass plug I check the plug and put it to the side if the target isn't in it. I then put the soil from the hole into the drainer and check it with my metal detector. This way I don't have the soil and target scatter all over the place and have to re look for it.

tanacat
01-23-2012, 12:59 PM
The soil sifter is a plastic spaghetti drainer that I painted black that you can find in most grocery stores. Once I remove the grass plug I check the plug and put it to the side if the target isn't in it. I then put the soil from the hole into the drainer and check it with my metal detector. This way I don't have the soil and target scatter all over the place and have to re look for it.

That is a fantastic idea- I'll give it a try! I'm shocked that it's plastic - it really looks like metal!

coinhunter
01-23-2012, 01:00 PM
This video was of 2009 2010 finds with my son. Thanks for watching
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrUPNOuK1d4&feature=plcp&context=C31ebb5fU DOEgsToPDskLFsmILFulxNRhlUXDYoyA2

coinhunter
01-23-2012, 01:09 PM
No its plastic just painted black. Once I find that its in the strainer I take a hand full of dirt out run it past the coil and put it back in the hole if its not in the hand full. I do this until its in my hand. I then throw the remainder of the soil in the strainer in the hole. The hand full of dirt that's in my hand I then put that in the strainer and start looking for the target. It just keeps things orderly and saves time. Of course you can't have a ring on your finger.

starman2
01-23-2012, 02:26 PM
:perfect10:! Great video! |:cheering: For a few minutes. I forgot it was winter. Nice going :clapping:.

coinhunter
01-23-2012, 02:33 PM
starman2 Thanks ! They get me through winter.

Cheap Thrills
01-23-2012, 04:41 PM
:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

JTGOLD
01-23-2012, 06:13 PM
great video,makes you want to go detecting,but it is too cold right now and the ground is :frozen: .

aloldstuff
01-23-2012, 07:35 PM
Excellent video. Your hunting spots look just like mine, I really love doing plowed fields. Your WLH looks to be in darn good shape. Great idea with using the strainer.

Ill Digger
01-24-2012, 01:06 AM
Those are some darn good videos! :clapping:
Full of all kindsa great finds!
Thanks for sharing!! |:confused:) But I gotta ask ya.... :thinkingabout:
:confused: :drool: Whats the story with the 5 silver rings in one hole!?! :omg: :->

coinhunter
01-24-2012, 09:13 AM
I ll Digger. They were found in a park about 3 inches down all together in that one hole. Every time I recheck the hole I found another. I could have done that all day. It was a shocking moment!!!!

Ill Digger
01-24-2012, 10:56 AM
I ll Digger. They were found in a park about 3 inches down all together in that one hole. Every time I recheck the hole I found another. I could have done that all day. It was a shocking moment!!!!
:shocked01: Wow! :shocked04: Thats crazy!! :shocked03: :happydance01:
What a fun hole to dig! lol <:
:huh: Wait a minute..... :thinkingabout: there wasn't a wrist watch a couple of inches away was there? :shocked03: :shocked04: :barf: :barf: ...... :poke: lol

coinhunter
01-24-2012, 11:07 AM
I don't think so. Maybe I'll go back