PDA

View Full Version : First Hunt of 2012

z118
01-01-2012, 03:19 PM
Jan 1, 2012 may be the last year of my detecting season. It was beautiful out this morning but we are supposed to get a mess of a winter storm over the next few days, so we'll see what happens. I took advantage of the sun and warmth while I could and headed to one of my absolute favorite spots. This was hunt number 56 at this spot. My plan was to dig it all in hopes of some gold. I haven't dug gold in months and months and it's starting to get to me! I wound up digging a lot of beaver tails, eraser heads, and foil plus a good amount of clad, with lots of nickels and nearly no quarters. I also got two nifty and annoying junk rings - the first is an Avon ring that had me going for a minute, and the second is the ring of power - the one ring to rule them all! One would think Sauron could have used something better than a plated base metal for the one ring, but what do I know.

Total for the hunt was 74 coins worth $4.78, which is not bad for the 56th hunt at any given spot. Otherwise not a noteworthy hunt, but I sure enjoyed every minute regardless. :)

Happy hunting!

Atokad
01-01-2012, 04:08 PM
rofl I would be so stoked to find The One Ring! Nice hunt :)

Epi-hunter
01-01-2012, 05:18 PM
I can't believe you are still finding so many coins after 56 hunts at that place! :shocked04: :shocked03:

I like the ring! Sure looks like silver :yes:

z118
01-01-2012, 05:23 PM
I can't believe you are still finding so many coins after 56 hunts at that place! :shocked04: :shocked03:

Me either... I've dug 2,694 coins from this one small schoolyard. I'm certain I can get to 3,000 next season!

CODY
01-02-2012, 07:31 AM
Nice Hunt!

Tony Two-Cent
01-02-2012, 08:19 AM
Wow, that's a nice pile of coins! I like the precious even if it is made from junk metal. :yes:

Congrats on your first hunt of the year! Hopefully it is the beginning of your most successful year ever! thumbsup01

aloldstuff
01-02-2012, 12:54 PM
You went looking for gold, dug some trash and coins. Good news is that the trash that you picked out might reveal more coins and that elusive gold.

bob_e99
01-03-2012, 03:22 PM
rofl

I love that ring! It definitely adds a lot of fun to a hunt. Also, can't believe your coin count from that location. It's hard to imagine people losing that amount of coins in that spot.

Congrats on another very good hunt and continued luck for the New Year.

:clapping: :clapping: