PDA

View Full Version : CELLAR HOLE with FORINO* NJ COPPER

HEAVYMETALNUT
12-27-2011, 06:28 PM
Mikey (Forino) is back home for good and he called me last night to see if we could get out.went to a cellar hole and worked it until it started raining.
some good targets at this site & we'll be back for sure!
a huge crotal bell broke at the bottom with a makers mark of OBO. a few clad coins a smaller crotal bell the mounted to a leather strap variety and at 1 inch a 79 VDI reading..expecting a memorial or wheatie this pops out.a most likely date of 1787 New Jersey colonial copper.

Jeff (or)
12-27-2011, 07:23 PM
Very cool, congrats on the finds. Thanks for sharing! :cool:

Ill Digger
12-28-2011, 12:03 AM
Wow Dave!! :shocked04: Thats sick! I love the NJ copper!! :loveit: :drool:
What a find! And that bell is sweet too!
Bummer part of the bottom is busted out! crying01
But it's still super cool thumbsup01
Awesome hunt!
Congrats! :grin:
How'd Forino do? :drool: :->

HEAVYMETALNUT
12-28-2011, 03:53 AM
Wow Dave!! :shocked04: Thats sick! I love the NJ copper!! :loveit: :drool:
What a find! And that bell is sweet too!
Bummer part of the bottom is busted out! crying01
But it's still super cool thumbsup01
Awesome hunt!
Congrats! :grin:
How'd Forino do? :drool: :->

thanks! Mike got a spoon and some wings with a pin on the back.maybe 1940's i forgot what it said in the middle.has a crown on the top of the wings and said something like KCM junior ? i'm not sure if it's canadian or british.

aloldstuff
12-28-2011, 09:16 AM
Another nice hunt, shame that the huge crotal bell is broken. I would love to dig one that size.

Fire Fighter 43
12-28-2011, 11:23 PM
Great hunt that is a nice looking copper and one of the biggest Croatal bells I've ever seen.

OxShoeDrew
12-29-2011, 06:04 AM
Yeah, I gasped when i got to the last pic of the bell....i think because the rest of it is in such nice shape. Wish I could have been with you guys today, but hopefully in a few days.