PDA

View Full Version : new to group

starman2
12-08-2011, 02:31 PM
hello everybody, Being new to the group. I am very excitied about exchanging thoughts, and expirences with so many people, interested in the same things. I hope that I can contribute as much to the group, as everyone else has. I am new to metal detecting. And have about a zillion questions to ask you guys. Thanks for the opertunity to join in the search for the Golden egg! I am just now learning the DFX 300. I have been using the XLT, and a Teknetics T2. This is only my first full season using detectors. And trying to get in as much as I can, before the ground freezes up on me. I live in SouthEast Michigan. I'm 58 years old. And a retiree from General Motors Truck.

aloldstuff
12-08-2011, 03:04 PM
Starman2, welcome from western MA. Hope your ground never freezes. LOL You got a nice machine there. Looking forward to your posts. Glad you are here and you will find that these members have a wealth of knowledge to share.

Al

CODY
12-08-2011, 03:43 PM
Welcome from Mississippi. If you've got questions this is the place. Looking forward to your post and finds. HH

del
12-08-2011, 03:46 PM
hello Starman2 and welcome to the American Detectorist forum , the DFX is a great machine and one i've been using for many years now . please feel free to ask any questions , also there are some nice tips on this detector in the whites category further down on the forum page. congrats on your retirement and hope you make some nice finds before your frozen in.

Dan

Epi-hunter
12-08-2011, 07:49 PM
Welcome to the forum! Please feel free to ask any questions you have. You have a very nice machine |:cheering: Don't forget to post your finds!

Ill Digger
12-08-2011, 08:23 PM
Hey starman2 :groovy:
Welcome to the forum from the cornfields of Illinois :grin:
You'll love this addiction hobby! lol
Thats the cool think about the forum...everyone is into the same thing..... metal detecting <:
Congrats on your retirement too :beerbuddy:

RaZR
12-08-2011, 08:56 PM
You're excited to be here? Then why the sad face icon for your post?
Were friendly here (though were not that forum) so there's no need to be sad. rofl

The DFX will find you some good stuff. Mine got me a couple gold rings the first year i used it.
I'm in south central Michigan just south of Lansing.

GL/HH
(good luck/Happy hunting)

starman2
12-08-2011, 09:18 PM
There ya go! You guys have all ready changed my face from sad to happy! Thanks for the warm welcome!!

jkress
12-08-2011, 11:21 PM
It is great to have you here with us at American Detectorist starman2. :clapping:
Congratulations on the early retirement. :beerbuddy:
Sounds like you'll have plenty of time in pursuit of the 'golden egg'.
Please feel free to ask away with any questions. :) We have a great user base here
with lots of experience. All are very helpful with answering questions.
Have fun. :yes:

Ill Digger
12-09-2011, 12:03 AM
There ya go! You guys have all ready changed my face from sad to happy! Thanks for the warm welcome!!
Your welcome! :beerbuddy:
We aim to please thumbsup01 :grin:

dave in iowa
12-09-2011, 12:35 AM
hello everybody, Being new to the group. I am very excitied about exchanging thoughts, and expirences with so many people, interested in the same things. I hope that I can contribute as much to the group, as everyone else has. I am new to metal detecting. And have about a zillion questions to ask you guys. Thanks for the opertunity to join in the search for the Golden egg! I am just now learning the DFX 300. I have been using the XLT, and a Teknetics T2. This is only my first full season using detectors. And trying to get in as much as I can, before the ground freezes up on me. I live in SouthEast Michigan. I'm 58 years old. And a retiree from General Motors Truck.

My Dads family is from se mich . do you know Jackson ,mich. blissfield , mich
maybe devils lake , on manitau beach?

Fire Fighter 43
12-10-2011, 08:20 AM
Welcome from SE Wisconsin.