PDA

View Full Version : Weekend getaway

DennisH
11-07-2011, 09:26 AM
Me and the wife signed up for a reduced rate fancy hotel package a few months ago and used it this weekend. The weekend plans got better with she suggested I bring the E-trac. WooHoo.

The old school yard was well hunted, no good signels, only iffy deep hit's. After 6 hours of hunting I ended up with 10 wheats, a silver nickel, A Indian cent and a seated dime. (Seated dime number 11 this year)

The silver nickel was in a hole with a regualer nickel and was found early in the hunt when I was still fresh other wise I might not have dug a signil that sounded like that. Most of the wheats sounded like kinda deep Zincs.

There was a broken up signal that sounded like a deeper corroded wheat that was a small piece of twisted copper. Put the plug back and the same signal was still there and turned out to be the Seated dime at 6s. That is not the first silver dime I have found this year that I was hopeing was a wheat at the best.

If it's deep dig it!!!

Cheap Thrills
11-07-2011, 09:44 AM
Nice going , finding a Seated is awesome and that's a nice one . It's been a few years since I found one and it looks like this years going to pass without me digging one but you never know .Keep up the good work . :perfect10: |:cheering: :cool:

Tony Two-Cent
11-07-2011, 12:57 PM
Awesome seated dime! That's a great find! I'm still waiting patiently for my first seated. Someday...

aloldstuff
11-07-2011, 01:11 PM
Excellent hunting, especially since your wife suggested you bring along the Etrac. Nice group of keepers, congrats

randy
11-07-2011, 06:12 PM
Yes if it is deep, dig it. That seated dime is gorgeous :perfect10:

OxShoeDrew
11-07-2011, 06:27 PM
I hope the rest of your vacation trip was as fun. Congrats!

jkress
11-07-2011, 06:57 PM
Nice! :clapping: Awesome recoveries Dennis. Especially the Seated. :smitten:
You have found a very impress number of them this year. |:confused:)
Congrats on the war nickel too... they are a fun nickel to find.