PDA

View Full Version : Door Knocking Is Still Rocking

Bell-Two
11-02-2011, 04:08 PM
Door Knocking Is Still Rocking!

Met Doug Tuesday afternoon after he got off work, we only had a short time to hunt so we headed up North to do some door knocks. Had a tough time finding anyone at home first but then got permission, only thing found was by Dougs son Malachi who found a Memorial penny. We then finally found someone home at an older home and got permission from a very nice gentleman. We had less than an hour to hunt and so we quickly got to work. Doug got a wheatie and some relics including a Kentucky souvenir spoon when I finally hit on a keeper a nice 1936 Merc. Just a few feet over I then got a 1950s wheat. Meanwhile Doug had gotten three more wheaties and then I heard him call my name and I could tell he had gotten a good one. It turns out to be an 1877 Seated Liberty Quarter! We had to go and stopped to thank the gentleman for allowing us to hunt and we found out that during the Second World War he used a metal detector to clean out mines in France and later in Austria.

Hunting With Bell-Two #70 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmtB-xdyxzY#ws)

Will Post Pictures Later Server Did Not Allow Pictures!?

396nova
11-02-2011, 04:54 PM
There are a lot of places I would love to detect, but I haven`t got the nerve to knock on the door and ask. I know all they can say is no. Someday I hope I will be able to ask, or I will run out of places to hunt. Great finds. Thanks for posting. thumbsup01

Fire Fighter 43
11-02-2011, 09:50 PM
It takes a knock on a door to get the virgin ground these days. Nice job and a very nice hunt.

milco
11-03-2011, 07:26 AM
Way to take advantage of that opportunity, that quarter is :shocked04:!!

aloldstuff
11-03-2011, 09:07 AM
Great that you got permission to hunt that property. Some nice finds and I really like that seated quarter.