PDA

View Full Version : Barber Dime

Dixie Rebel
10-28-2011, 06:19 PM
The wife and I did a bit of dirt fishing yesterday at the old town site. The area is about 17 acres that once had a courthouse saloons stores and a blacksmith shop. Every time the field is plowed people will come out and pick up coins. I always seem to be a day late because of work or Just being lazy lol. We spent about 4 hrs going over this place yesterday and about 7 the day before. I know there is a lot more there I just need to slow down and concentrate. People would come and tell me are you looking for those coins with the funny looking people on them lol I said what do you mean ? He begins to tell me how they use to pick up coins by the bucket fulls :shocked04: Mind you this use to be the town center starting in the early 1800s. I was like man just my luck. So if you can find coins by the buckets by eye-balling what cant you find them with a detector ? Well you know I am going back and have the owners permission to hunt as much as I would like. Wish me luck next time around thumbsup01 1893 barber dime

dave in iowa
10-28-2011, 07:08 PM
great find . they look so cool when you 1st see it ,,,, thumbsup01

bob_e99
10-28-2011, 07:33 PM
One is better than none and it's a great start to finding many more on what sounds like a great site.

Good hunting.

|:cheering:

milco
10-28-2011, 07:56 PM
Buckets of Barbers! Imagine!! :daydream: I would be happy with just one, congrats on your Barber!

Ill Digger
10-28-2011, 10:42 PM
Oh man! :thinkingabout: There has to be plenty left for ya! :yes: :drool:
This is a good sign. :yes: And a great find! <:
Congrats ! :grin:

jkress
10-29-2011, 12:34 AM
Wow... that is certainly a recipe for a metal detectorists dream. :daydream:
Great job finding the Barber, she's a beauty. :yes:
Definitely go back. Go slow... and post all of your finds. :->
Congrats on the silver.

Cheap Thrills
10-29-2011, 08:16 AM
A great coin Dixie Rebel !! :perfect10: |:cheering:

:groovy:

aloldstuff
11-02-2011, 07:58 AM
Now a days that Barber is the same as a bucket full. Congrats on your recovery

DennisH
11-02-2011, 09:16 AM
Super Barber dime. Sounds like you got a great hunting spot there!!!!