PDA

View Full Version : I have been hunting

Mudder
10-18-2011, 02:52 PM
I know that you probably don't believe it but I have been out, and detecting. Just too lazy to get the pictures setup to send to all of you. These are just the keepers from several hunts during the past four weeks.

[attach=1]
I'm not sure how the Germans made it to Mississippi, but I would be willing to bet that someone lost one of Dad's coins during show and tell. 1909 German 1 Mark coin.

[attach=2][attach=3]
Found both of these right beside each other (43 Merc & 44 War Nickle) at 5 inches, want to talk about a strange signal. I actually pass it up, and went back to it.

[attach=4]
The Buffalos were also a pocket spill, all at the same depth and a few inches from each other. Only one of the five had a date that was readable 1925) Just proves that you should check when you have a seat in the park.

[attach=5]
I found both (1906 and 1912 V) of these in the sidewalk strip next to the old closed high school. Poor old thing has been hit by Katrina, burned by arsenist, and is now being rebuilt. I'm waiting for the first frost to get the weeds knocked down in the back play ground. Especially before they decide that they want to cover it with black top.

[attach=7]
Found 1 lone IH (1907) in with a ton of trash at the park last Sunday. In the same hole I found a new padlock, and something that looks a little like a thermostat out of a car.

[attach=6]
I haven't been digging a ton of Wheats, but I do seem to find more than my fair share. On the other hand there is not much silver to be found.

pulltabsteve
10-18-2011, 03:41 PM
You sure have been hunting! Doing well at it also |:cheering: Keep up the good work <:

jkress
10-18-2011, 06:13 PM
I'd certainly say you have been hunting! <: Lots of great keepers.
I love the 1 Mark. :smitten: She's a beauty. And of course the other silver and IH's too. :yes:
Congrats Mudder.

Ill Digger
10-18-2011, 07:53 PM
You've been hunting...and you've been finding!! :yes: thumbsup01
Finding some great stuff! I really dig the I Mark coin too!
Thats gotta be the first V nickle spill I've ever seen too! :cool: :clapping:

Congrats :grin:

Epi-hunter
10-18-2011, 07:54 PM
Yes you have been busy :shocked04:

Beautiful coins! Congratulations :perfect10: :perfect10:

396nova
10-18-2011, 08:05 PM
Very nice. Nice variety. Great digs. :perfect10:beatdown:eep them post coming. Some of us need the inspiation.

Tony Two-Cent
10-18-2011, 08:36 PM
You've been holding out on us! lol

Lots of great finds there! Nice silvers, and I especially love the Buffalo Nickel spill! I'm glad you decided to share your finds with us because those are some great coins!

Keep up the good work! :clapping:

aloldstuff
10-20-2011, 07:40 AM
Great coins, especially like that buffalo spill. You got some nice silvers, wheats and is that 1909 german coin silver? Thanks for sharing

Fire Fighter 43
10-21-2011, 02:02 PM
A nice little collection you have there, congrats on some great finds.