PDA

View Full Version : On The Road With Goes4ever!

Bell-Two
10-16-2011, 09:14 PM
On The Road With Goes4ever
Many of you will be familiar with Terry who posts on several forums as Goes4ever.
Terry invited me up for a day of detecting. He had a field lined up where there once was an old one room schoolhouse and then the plan was to do some door knocking. The day started out cool and quite windy, the forecasted 25 mph winds were actually much stronger and at times gusts actually affected your swing of the detector. The field grudgingly gave up a few items, the typical field artifacts, brass bits, and copper pieces. Terry was the first to strike with a decent 1882 Indian, he said he saw a bare spot that “was just calling his name” and it did indeed deliver up the goods. About a half hour later I got an 11-35 reading and looked down to see a green disc lying on top of the ground, it was an 1888 Indian Head can’t beat that a good coin with no digging involved. After a bit more we decided it was time to move on the wind was getting stronger…and colder! We then did a door knock and got permission to hunt and early 1900’s house with a small sidewalk dividing the front yard in two. Terry took one side while I did the other. He started hitting one wheat after the other including some multiples in one hole. I was getting a wheat or two and then I struck the first silver, both literally and figuratively, a 1942 Merc down about 5” on edge and I nicked the back a bit. Terry then found part of a gun and ironically it was the exact model and virtually identical to one he found earlier. Terry then found a Rosey so he was on the silver board and a religious pendant. I found a 1946 Indiana Dog Tax tag and a few more wheats. It was only when we crossed the State Line Road that we realized we had been in Indiana and had come out with some Hoosier silver! We then moved on to another even older house with great anticipation and were mildly shocked to find nothing but clad. It was getting late and we moved on to our last house where the area I was hunting was virtually dead but Terry chose the good side this time and he ended up with multiple wheats and a Merc. We then packed it in and went to his house to look at the finds. Nice stuff but even better a day out hunting with a friend, it doesn’t get better than that!

[attachimg=1]

[attachimg=2]

[attachimg=3]

[attachimg=4]

[attachimg=5]

[attachimg=6]

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uof1iFj0eh0#ws]Hunting With Bell-Two #6:dontknow:/url]

CODY
10-16-2011, 09:32 PM
A good day indeed. Congrats on all the good finds.

Ill Digger
10-16-2011, 09:49 PM
Thats cool you guys got a chance to hook up for a hunt!

And you each made some great finds!

Congrats ! :grin:

dave in iowa
10-16-2011, 10:12 PM
great score on the merc . the 1909 wheat is very nice , oh for an S mint on that one ...... thumbsup01

Mudder
10-17-2011, 06:09 AM
thumbsup01 Looks like you guys had a great little hunt, and some nice finds. Congratulations on finding the elusive 1909, and don't worry about the mint mark. :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

aloldstuff
10-17-2011, 09:11 AM
Good hunting, silver, wheats, and time with a friend. Congrats

JTGOLD
10-17-2011, 12:02 PM
nice old finds and a good day of hunting for the both of you,wtg.