PDA

View Full Version : another couple of good silver days

randy
10-14-2011, 08:22 PM
Yesterday I rearranged my work schedule (starting work at 5AM >:#) in order to make time to attempt to break my personal record of 19 silvers in one day; I figured I had a shot at it given my soundings and griddings at a site I've been poking around recently -- one that just produced a 10 silver day.

Got to the site and continued a grid adjacent to a previous hot zone, and pulled 17 silvers in 6.5 hours. The silvers were bursty, in fact, I got off to a slow start, but later hit 4 consecutive silver targets at one point. <: Unbelievable.

Had 1 hour left to pull 3 silvers to break my record. The working run rate was a little north of 2 per hour (and my definition of a honeyhole is one per hour), so this was definitely running hot, but I felt I had a chance at it if I pulled one soon.

Hit a beautiful deep silver sound, but was a clad dime at 7 inches >:# Hit another beautiful deep one, wheatie >{ Hit a third beautiful deep one, and after churning the dirt, not only hit the silver with my pinpointer, but saw the rim of another undisturbed below the churned dirt <: :happydance01: happydance02 which was a merc and 19th of the hunt.

Soon after hit another wheatie signal and opened it up, and found not only a wheatie, but a rosie for my 20th silver of the day, and a personal record. Finished out the hour and found three more silver coins for a total of 23 on the day, and 6 in the final hour. Unbelievable. Also pulled a sterling ring somewhere along the way.

Total hunt time 7.5 hours, 23 silvers.

Today started work at 5AM as well to get more time on the site, with a goal of pulling 8 silvers to make 300 for the year. Once again started off slow, not pulling a sliver in the first 90 minutes, but tons of wheaties, which gives you a confidence boost. Eventually had 6 silvers in the first 4 hours, before the rains hit >:\ >:# >:\

Decided to wait it out, and after about 20 minutes, was back swinging, and within a half hour had 2 silvers, for 300 on the year. (After the rain, also changed from channel 10 to channel 2 on the E-Trac; yesterday's hunt of 23 silvers was all on channel 2 -- I'm not superstitious, am I? lol).

Had about 3 hours left, and figured I could get a few more to keep a little double digit silver streak intact. But, the fish weren't biting, and more rain clouds were coming in. The story of getting the last two is so Hollywood its even more unbelievable than the rest of this, so lets just say I pulled 2 more silvers before the second wave of rain hit, at which point I decided to call it a day, and stress about whether to post any of this.

Total hunt time 6 hours, 10 silvers. Third consecutive double digit silver day.

Just a few quick notes -- on the 23 silver day, 4 silvers were slam dunks, 1 was the war nik, and the remaining 18 were E-Trac silvers. The next day, 9 of the 10 were E-Trac silvers. An E-Trac silver is one of those hard ones deep or in the trash. I think what makes this site so special is massive amounts of trash. Trash is your friend. What is interesting is that the quarters were often harder than the dimes. Many of them a CO 43 that you barely hear thru the trash, where usually trash is additive. Go figure.

Tony Two-Cent
10-14-2011, 08:30 PM
Words fail.

|:confused:) |:confused:) |:confused:) |:confused:) |:confused:)

Epi-hunter
10-14-2011, 08:32 PM
Words fail me too. OMG!!!

I will come up with some words in a few minutes.

jkress
10-14-2011, 08:36 PM
:perfect10: :perfect10: :perfect10: and :shocked04: and last but not least |:confused:)

One question... are you Angel's long lost twin? :thinkingabout: rofl

Just an incredible couple of hunts here Randy... incredible. :drool:

CODY
10-14-2011, 08:59 PM
I think I'm just gonna be sick! LOL All I can say is WOW! Congrats!

Epi-hunter
10-14-2011, 09:36 PM
Just fantastic randy. It really is beyond words.

Thank you for sharing the hunts as well as the photos. It is inspiration that those silver coins really are there to find. |:confused:) |:confused:) :happydance01:

milco
10-14-2011, 09:42 PM
|:confused:) and |:confused:) and |:confused:) Simply amazing, my hat is off to you! Congrats!!

angellionel
10-14-2011, 09:43 PM
Excellent! :clapping: Further proof to all the naysayers that there is still silver to be found at public parks. :yes: You just have to know what to listen for when detecting those highly trashy sites most have given up on, learning what the machine is 'saying'. ;) Great job, Randy! You have accomplished something for which you can be rightly proud. :beerbuddy:

BHNugget
10-14-2011, 10:12 PM
Those sure are some motivational pictures Randy!! Congrats on the spectacular day and also of meeting and probably exceeding your goal for the year!! |:cheering: |:cheering:

skribnodsister
10-15-2011, 04:46 AM
Holy smokes Randy thats just amazing, big congrats on all that silver! :perfect10: :perfect10:

tanacat
10-15-2011, 01:56 PM
:omg: Fantastic work!!! Keep it up! :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Btw, that's the number of my silvers for the whole year! :embarrassed: lol

pulltabsteve
10-15-2011, 07:12 PM
[size=24pt]SPECTACULAR!!! :perfect10:

396nova
10-15-2011, 07:40 PM
|:confused:) Like everyone, :envious: I am speechless. :omg: You are an inspiration. :perfect10: Keep on digging. <:

aloldstuff
10-17-2011, 01:48 PM
|:confused:) Please take me with you.....absolutley fantastic post. Thanks

switch
11-14-2011, 07:44 PM
:wow: Way to go!

MinelabIowa
11-14-2011, 09:40 PM
Those are the hunts that make you want to take up metal detecting full time! Congrats on the mega silver!

Mudder
11-16-2011, 09:42 PM
|:cheering:Randy, I have to agree, there are no words. |:confused:) |:confused:) :clapping: :clapping:

Ytcoinshooter
11-16-2011, 10:05 PM
Whoa! Just came onto this post...congrats! Reminds me of the old days. But now that represents some deep digging. Nice to see someone have a day like that. Funny how I can get caught up on another topic and miss something like this banner outing.

CyberSage
11-16-2011, 11:07 PM
Dang Randy! Please stay away from Colorado with your detector. lol That's very impressive. I would really like to be looking over your shoulder when you are swinging your E-Trac. :omg:

Cheap Thrills
11-16-2011, 11:08 PM
Holy , jumping , Jehosophat !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ( those are the only printable words I can come up with). :shocked03:

tanacat
11-17-2011, 08:28 AM
Great job Randy!!! I see someone bumped your thread... :) I enjoyed seeing them again - every time I hunt I'm hoping to pull a double digit day, like Randy or Angel :envious:

I was just about to suggest you share your YTD silvers when I saw it under your avatar! lol 402 :shocked04:stretcher: :shocked04:stretcher: :shocked04:stretcher: :shocked04:stretcher: