PDA

View Full Version : Had a good day hunting today.

skribnod
10-03-2011, 08:34 PM
Hi everyone, first time poster, long time lurker. I have been watching the forums for some time now and have had the opportunity to hunt with a couple members. I have been having issues with my Etrac lately so my finds have been low. I decided to go back to the basics and did a master reset took my x-1 probe and SEF 6x8 coil off. The finds picked up today and I had a better hunt than in the previous month. I still have to do a proccess of elimintaion to figure out what the problem was. Anyway, I made it out with my sister skribnodsister ( original right? :teasing: ) this afternoon for a field hunt. I managed a 1866 or 1867 shield nickel with rays, 1917D wheat, and a 185? Flying Eagle Cent. I'm thinking by the picture it may be a 1858 but unsure since the in house coin graders are saying 1866 :shocked01:. I did manage a small thimble at the site also. Before the hunt I hit the park for some Bling. Well a couple first for me today and a couple happy dances :happydance01:. Thanks for looking.

Tony Two-Cent
10-03-2011, 08:46 PM
I would be doing the happy dance after finds like that too! WOW! Two very tough to find coins, a shield nickel and most of all a FLYING EAGLE! :shocked04:

It looks like it's a 1858 but let's not be hasty and rule out 1856 yet. lol

Those are spectacular coins, it looks like your E-Trac performance is improving to me!

skribnodsister
10-03-2011, 08:57 PM
Congrats on the shield and the flying eagle! I'm sure those cows enjoyed your happy dances as much as i did <: and as for using skribnodsister-just getting even for the email name you gave me when you set up my account :teasing: Hopefully we can make it out there again this week sometime.

jkress
10-03-2011, 08:58 PM
Daaaaaang!! You really got after it today. :happydance01: The Flying Eagle is a fantastic find. |:confused:) Not to mention the Shield.
Looks like your machine was working pretty well today.
A big congrats on your finds today. Glad to see you posting here. :clapping:

JTGOLD
10-03-2011, 09:05 PM
very nice finds,wtg.

milco
10-03-2011, 10:39 PM
Very nice! Two seldom found coins and in great shape too!

wingmaster
10-03-2011, 10:44 PM
Congrats on the great finds, those flying eagle cents are hard to come by. Still looking for my first one.

Ill Digger
10-03-2011, 10:50 PM
Congrats on the great finds, those flying eagle cents are hard to come by. Still looking for my first one.
Yep :yes: Me too!
Like Tony said you found yourself two tuffys there! :shocked04:
Big Congrats on those bad boys!! :clapping: :grin:

Glad to see you posting here. :clapping:

Yeah it is! :yes: Good to see ya postin! thumbsup01 Keep'em comin'!! :drool:

aloldstuff
10-04-2011, 06:56 AM
Great keepers you got there, shields and a FE. Sounds like a fun hunt with good company. Welcome to the forum and looking forward to more posts.

skribnod
10-04-2011, 04:25 PM
Thank you all for the great replies. It was a memorable day and I really like it when the cows come close.....I get my choice of the spots because sis is running for the hills. lol Looking forward to another hunt this week.

Cheap Thrills
10-05-2011, 10:32 AM
Great going on the great finds !! :perfect10:

:groovy:

randy
10-05-2011, 04:44 PM
That flying eagle is beautiful. The ones I've found are so abused. Here's hope its a '56.

Epi-hunter
10-05-2011, 07:05 PM
Your E-Trac is definitely working! :shocked04: Wow, a flying eagle cent, way to go! |:confused:) I'm still waiting for my first. And the shield nickel make that a day to remember. Congrats on a great hunt! :perfect10:

Spike
10-05-2011, 07:23 PM
You posted them coins like OO just a shield nickel and a flying eagle cent :omg: :drool: I cant wait to see a post you get excited about rofl rofl those are amazing big CONGRATS thumbsup01

skribnod
10-06-2011, 07:41 PM
Thanks all, update for the Eagle...1858. I managed to clean it up a bit more and can make out a 8 after I got out the macro lens.

Ill Digger
10-07-2011, 04:45 PM
Thanks all, update for the Eagle...1858. I managed to clean it up a bit more and can make out a 8 after I got out the macro lens.
:huh: Yep! :yes: I see it too :yes:
Man I gotta find one of those! :drool:

tanacat
10-07-2011, 08:50 PM
|:confused:) :clapping: |:confused:) :clapping: |:confused:) Wow! I have never seen anyone post a flying eagle on here. Probably has been, but I missed it! :cheesysmile: Excellent find! :beerbuddy:

Edit: I just did a search of flying eagle on here and your thread is the only one that popped up!

and as for using skribnodsister-just getting even for the email name you gave me when you set up my account :teasing:

lol I saw that- 'DumbDonna' rofl Just like a brother...

I'm an only child crying01 You two are lucky to have eachother to enjoy this hobby :yes:

Toadman
10-16-2011, 12:51 PM
Great coins !! stick around, and keep posting ! seeing finds like these, keeps us all getting out there.. |:cheering: |:cheering:

pulltabsteve
10-16-2011, 05:34 PM
A shield AND a flying eagle |:cheering: :clapping: OUTSTANDING HUNT!!!!!!!!! :peace:

OxShoeDrew
10-16-2011, 05:57 PM
A shield AND a flying eagle |:cheering: :clapping: OUTSTANDING HUNT!!!!!!!!! :peace:

Steve summed it up. I hope the rest of your fall hunts are as productive.

Mudder
10-17-2011, 06:19 AM
Way to go on the Eagle |:confused:) |:confused:). I looked at your original pic and was going to help you argue the 66 call. The 195x was easy to see. Congratulations. :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: