PDA

View Full Version : My 2 Cent small motto for Tony Two Cent

Sal66
10-03-2011, 07:54 AM
Here ya go Tony:[attachimg=1]

http://i1206.photobucket.com/albums/bb444/ngcpics1/2-%20CENT/18642Csmallmotto-2.jpg
http://i1206.photobucket.com/albums/bb444/ngcpics1/2-%20CENT/18642CREV-2.jpg

Tony Two-Cent
10-03-2011, 09:23 AM
Incredible coin, Sal! Thanks for showing it to me. Obviously the small motto variety and a scarce coin with great detail. Maybe someday I will find a two-cent piece so my user name isn't ironic any more. lol

You are definitely doing something right, Sal, if you have found over a dozen of them! |:confused:)

Ill Digger
10-03-2011, 11:54 PM
I Maybe someday I will find a two-cent piece ....
I'm with ya Tony :dontknow: crying01
Still looking for my first 2ยข piece too :envious: :envious: :crying02: :grin:
Really nice find Sal!!
Big congrats on that beauty! :clapping: :grin:

Sal66
10-04-2011, 05:57 AM
Thanks guys! The good thing about it is that the WE is strong and that makes a huge difference in value added to the fact the D in GOD is clear and the T in TRUST is clear enough to see that there is no gap between the ribbon and the T . Did you know there are 12 more differences in the two varieties? I have a print out of all of them.

Tony Two-Cent
10-04-2011, 06:09 AM
Yep, yours shows some of the indicators very clearly, Sal, including the stem on the leaf under the T in trust. The obverse is actually in very nice condition for a dug coin, and you didn't over clean it which helps too.

Thanks for sharing this awesome coin!

del
10-04-2011, 06:09 AM
You are definitely doing something right, Sal, if you have found over a dozen of them! |:confused:)

i was with Sal when he found 3 (two cent coins) at a cellar site all in one afternoon , since then i gave him the nickname 6 cents Sal this coin however wasn't in that three.

Sal66
10-04-2011, 07:19 AM
Dan I thought it was 2 Cent Sal ? LOL

Anyways call me what you want. I call me long overdue for getting my dusty Detector out of the closet and doing some detecting before my White's XLT becomes a relic. lol lol
I always thought of upgrading to a DFX or Minelab E-Trac, But if it still works and finds good stuff then I'm happy. Broke but happy. It also has to do with location, experience and a little imagination of what the land looked like long ago. If I find one good coin this year I'll be happy. I found a Large Cent earlier this year with Del . It's a draped Bust cuz she's looking to the right and I can see a fraction on the reverse , along with about 3 dozen buttons at the same spot. He knows where I'm talking about.
Dan's always been a great friend and good luck charn, on my own I got Lyme Disease, saw a Moose and didn't have anyone around to see me find my small motto 2- center.