PDA

View Full Version : Back from vacation

RaZR
09-03-2011, 12:40 PM
Got back late yesterday from our vacation up in northern Michigan. Took all of my detectors because my wife said i would get alot of opportunities to detect on vacation. It didn't happen quite that way!
I was able to find a hand full of clad from a couple beaches. One i only found a nickle at. Found two cents at a park and twelve cents in my brothers front yard in the upper penninsula.
I really couldn't wait to get back to the fair grounds here in town to hunt for more silver.
So today i went back over there and made it five trips in a row with silver in my pocket on the way home.
Todays find barely makes the requirements but has silver none the less. And it made me very happy as once i found it it could get out of the heat and humidity!!!
But mostly because i could do a fist pump for another silver and a first for me. A silver war nickle!

Here's pics...... twenty four cents all together.

JTGOLD
09-03-2011, 01:00 PM
bummer not finding much on vacation but you will make up for that with a good start of a silver war nickel ,,,,wtg.

OxShoeDrew
09-03-2011, 03:37 PM
I hope your vacation was fun nonetheless. Nice nickel...still on my list. All nickels are still on my list :)

Outlaw 1-3
09-03-2011, 04:08 PM
Well, if you don't find much on vacation, the UP is the place to do it. Absolutely gorgeous! God's country ...

steve in so az
09-03-2011, 07:31 PM
I have discovered the same thing on trips away. i think I'll be getting tons of coins & such but get very little. Always glad to get home to the places I know. Steve in os az

Mudder
09-04-2011, 09:14 PM
Well, it may not have turned out the way that you hoped, but that is a great looking nickle happydance02

del
09-04-2011, 11:01 PM
hey RaZr , i think its always tougher to detect in an unfamilar area and then put a very limited time constraint only compounds the difficulty. glad you enjoyed the much needed RR and WTG on the war nickle . :beerbuddy:

aloldstuff
09-06-2011, 08:34 AM
Congrats on your 1st war nickle

leslie(nova scotia)
09-06-2011, 10:11 AM
From the land of the Bluenose.....glad youz back safe. Sometimes it is about the trip and adventure me son! Well rested i trust.

Off to maine for a few days and hooking up with the bouys from the Maine Detecting forum....nice to visit, nice to come home! <;)