PDA

View Full Version : Sat Park Hunt w/gameoftag

milco
08-23-2011, 08:19 AM
I met up with gameoftag on Saturday morning to hunt an old field site that was under construction. That did not yield anything, so we met up later at a park in town. At the park I found a few junk pieces of jewelry and about $1 in clad. In addition I found an old brass matchholder and a vaseline bottle in the same trashy hole on the edge of the park. The park has some potential and we will need to spend more time there to get some oldies. It was good to get out and even better to detect with a fellow MDer.

Here is the park where we were hunting
[attachimg=1]
[attachimg=2]
This brass match case and vasoline bottle were in teh same trashy hole.
[attachimg=3][attachimg=4]
This EL Husting porcelain stopper was an eyeball find at a construction site the end of last week.
[attachimg=5]

aloldstuff
08-23-2011, 08:23 AM
That park looks great, it looks like the homes are early ones. I would think huge potential there. Congrats on your finds and keep digging

Ill Digger
08-23-2011, 08:26 AM
That park looks great, it looks like the homes are early ones.
thumbsup01 Thats the same thing I was looking at.
Those are all older homes surrounding the park so chances are good the older coins are there too :yes: thumbsup01
Looks good!
Good luck :grin:

JTGOLD
08-23-2011, 02:19 PM
nice jar,they don't make anything out of glass anymore,and the park should give up some more goodies,good hunt,wtg.

coinnut
08-23-2011, 06:27 PM
There should be early Mercs and some Barbers there if they haven't already been pick up. Nice looking park, and even though some trees look young, The houses tell a different story :drool: Glad you could meet up with another detectorist. :clapping:

Mudder
08-23-2011, 08:48 PM
It is a great looking site, you were able to get out in the fresh air with a friend, and most of all you got some really neat stuff. :peace: