PDA

View Full Version : Wheats, Buff, Mangled Ring

z118
08-22-2011, 09:16 PM
I was not able to get in any detecting this weekend and this week is not looking good either. Luckily I was able to get out for a short 1 hour hunt this evening. I hit the sweet spot again and was rewarded with 13 coins, among them 1 Buffalo nickel and 3 wheats. I also dug a small mangled ring that looks old (to me anyway). I would say it's gold plated but typically plating does not hold up that well... but there's no way its solid either. Maybe it's some older style of plating that is more durable than what they do now. One way or another it was good to get out even for a short hunt. The weather was beyond perfect today and I was glad to be able to enjoy it if only for an hour.

Happy hunting!

Ill Digger
08-22-2011, 09:27 PM
I was not able to get in any detecting this weekend and this week is not looking good either.
Oh man :( That is not good news crying01
But hey look on the bright side! For only huntin' for a hour you did pretty darn good! thumbsup01
Buffs are hard to come by. So they're always a nice find! :yes:
And even junk rings are always better than a piece of can slaw :dontknow: lol
Nice finds Z!
Congrats :grin:

JTGOLD
08-22-2011, 10:05 PM
nice finds,wtg.

OxShoeDrew
08-23-2011, 03:33 AM
What a great hour! At least you have the memory of this hunt to get you through your hiatus.

Tony Two-Cent
08-23-2011, 06:00 AM
Nice finds! That's not a bad looking Buffalo Nickel. It looks like it might be 192:eyebrow: It's always a bonus to find one with a legible date. I have found two V Nickels with my E-Trac but I've yet to find a Buffalo with it.

aloldstuff
08-23-2011, 07:09 AM
Glad you got out for a short hunt, and a productive one at that. A dated buff is always good, 3 wheats and a ring. Congrats. Now lets start working on your time management skills.....less work...more digging