PDA

View Full Version : Indian Head, Barber, Merc, Washington - Finally a decent day!

Tony Two-Cent
08-21-2011, 07:32 PM
It has been forever since I've posted any of my finds, I didn't think anyone would be interested in seeing clad and a scant few wheat cents. This morning I woke up and decided that I would find some silver or die trying! Thankfully it didn't come to that! lol

I learned something of value today, my E-Trac doesn't seem to care if the ground is extremely dry, it still finds deep coins. I went back to a site in a nearby small town where I had previously found several wheat cents and Mercury dimes. I cranked my sensitivity up to Auto +3 which is a little higher than I usually run. After about 30 minutes of hunting I found the 1948-S Washington Quarter. It was fairly deep, about 7. About 10 minutes later just a few feet down the sidewalk I found the 1892 Barber Dime. (So close to my first seated, but no cigar!) It was also pretty deep. Then about 15 minutes later along the same sidewalk I found the 1896 Indian Head. By this time I'm feeling pretty good about my day! After a few wheat cents and other newer finds I decided to head back to my car. I found the Mercury Dime about ten feet from the tree I had parked my car under.

Most of all it just feels good to have my long drought behind me! I hadn't found a silver coin in so long I had forgetten what it feels like!

The 1892 Barber Dime ended up being in really nice condition after I got it cleaned up a little bit. It's a beauty!

Ill Digger
08-21-2011, 07:43 PM
I'd say the drought is over :yes: thumbsup01
Heck, I think you left the drought in your wake! :yes: lol
Finding just one of those coins would've made for a good day!
That Barber is a in really good shape too! :yes: :drool: :drool:
Looks like it was lost the day it was minted! :drool:
Awesome hunt Tony!! :happydance01:
Congrats :grin:

coinnut
08-21-2011, 07:51 PM
Wow that '92 is gorgeous :smitten: Dropped brand new. Great coin Tony. Your drought is officially over :clapping: And the E trac does like dry dirt, but in a different kind of way. I think the iron has a smaller footprint when dry, and the machine falses much less, so them targets light up better. I still goes deep, but it is the target separation that makes them finds come to life. Nice, nice hunt :happydance01:

del
08-21-2011, 08:29 PM
well i for one am glad you didn't parish before you hit that silver , Tony... lol lol congrats on breaking that drought and finding some silver :cheering: :cheering: happydance02 :cheering: :cheering: and your right that barber is a looker :drool: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: very nice again

Dan

JTGOLD
08-21-2011, 08:38 PM
3 silvers,an IH and some wheats,I would say you did have a very good day Tony.
that 1892 barber looks almost in au condition,very nice coin. thumbsup01 thumbsup01

angellionel
08-21-2011, 08:57 PM
If you had to break the drought that was the way to do it. :clapping: That '92 Barber dime is pristinely beautiful. :loveit: Awesome hunt Tony! :happydance01:

silver star
08-21-2011, 09:00 PM
Congrats on your finds :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:. That Barber is in great condition :yes:. WTG!!! Good luck and HH Mike

Mudder
08-21-2011, 09:09 PM
Tony, you had a great day and it is now officially raining on you >:\. Your Barber came out much better than mine, and your's is much older >:#. Congrats on a great hunt.

jkress
08-21-2011, 09:28 PM
That is a fantastic hunt Tony. Lots of silver. <: Plus a nice IH to boot.
The Barber is in beautiful shape. :smitten: Barbers don't come much older than that one.
Congrats and glad to see you made it out of the drought... in style! :clapping:

Cheap Thrills
08-21-2011, 09:34 PM
Nice finds Tony, a great comeback . Kudos on a 3 silver day . Awesome Barber !! :perfect10: thumbsup01 I know what you're saying about posting the clad and the wheat . :yes: Looks like it's going to be awhile before I post again too . I've been hitting it hard lately lots'a stuff but no silver or gold. crying01

aloldstuff
08-22-2011, 07:06 AM
Excellent hunting Tony. I love that Barber, looks like full liberty. Plus a silver qtr and a merc and an IH and a pile of wheats. Looks like you need an umbrella cause the drought is over

switch
08-22-2011, 09:26 AM
Awesome job. :yes: I love the barber type, always have. How funny it was the first silver I would find. :happydance01:

milco
08-22-2011, 12:22 PM
Great finds, way to break out of the slow spot!

wingmaster
08-29-2011, 07:20 PM
Great finds and that barber is in great shape, congrats.

Spike
08-29-2011, 08:59 PM
Amen to the silver drought behind you just broke mine too:cheering: :cheering: