PDA

View Full Version : E-trac 2nd hunt

RaZR
08-20-2011, 05:32 PM
:omg: Yes it's true i bought an E-trac.
I wanted to test out one to see how it stacked up to the V3i.
My first time out was at the old fairgrounds in town. I had no idea what the settings were in the detector
probably just the factory settings. I found forty eight cents!
Test number two was today at a park near where i grew up. I have hunted it with the V3i and found a couple of wheat cents and one mercury dime.
I ran the settings that AngelLionel had posted in the Minelab thread.
And today i found sixteen cents. Four were wheats and it seemed that i dug deeper than i did with the V3i. Running the standard coin program with both.
It will take some time to get used to the tones and numbers but i think it will be a good investment.

Oh yeah i almost forgot. I also found a chain with the E today.
It's about 22 long and is marked 14K Italy. I have no testing kit so i'm not sure if it's real.
I seem to remember people discussing some fake gold necklaces on one of the forums before.

Anyhow, if it is real <: it's gonna help pay for some of this crap i keep buying. lol

Here's pics....

coinnut
08-20-2011, 08:57 PM
You bought an E Trac :shocked04: :shocked04: :shocked04: \:hammer: \:hammer: \:hammer: lol You did really well considering you have never used one before :clapping: And if that chain is real :drool: I'd say it helps pay for all them toys you simply must have lol Great job on diving right in with a new machine :perfect10:

JTGOLD
08-20-2011, 09:05 PM
if it is marked 14K ITALY then it is most likely the real thing,you had a real good hunt,wtg.

Mudder
08-20-2011, 10:13 PM
Great hunting and fighting the learning curve on top of everything else. WTG thumbsup01

bob_e99
08-21-2011, 07:28 AM
Yup, I think the E-trac is a great machine and I seem to work better with it than I did with the Sovereign GT.
Unfortunately, I won't be making any of those brochures of people finding great stuff on their first or second hunt. Still finding tons of clad only now I'm finding it deeper. lol

Nice finds for your new detector. Continued good hunting.

angellionel
08-21-2011, 12:06 PM
Congrats on your new machine, RaZR! :clapping: It looks like you are diving right in and already getting the feel of it. You may be natural for the machine. :clapping: Have fun! thumbsup01

And I do hope that chain is the real thing. :drool:

aloldstuff
08-22-2011, 07:12 AM
I'm hoping that chain is the real deal. Two top end detectors, whats up with that. Congrats on your hunting

RaZR
08-22-2011, 03:59 PM
>:# >:/ :girlcry: Jewelry store guy says FAKE crap that's being sold outta truck stops or something.
I had my doubts because the ring that held on the lobster claw hook was all rusty and crusty.
I would expect it to be gold also and not something that would rust.

Oh well!! I'll just keep digging till i find a real one. :grin:

OxShoeDrew
08-22-2011, 06:35 PM
Oh well, but you got a nice new machine, have fun with it.

coinnut
08-22-2011, 10:31 PM
>:# >:/ :girlcry: Jewelry store guy says FAKE crap that's being sold outta truck stops or something.
I had my doubts because the ring that held on the lobster claw hook was all rusty and crusty.
I would expect it to be gold also and not something that would rust.

Oh well!! I'll just keep digging till i find a real one. :grin:

Start off by putting a magnet to it ...all the different parts of it. If it sticks, then it's junk. If it doesn't then you have to weight it in your hands and see if it is some kind of aluminum mix. If it's lighter than it should be, then it junk. But I would get a test kit for gold and silver and do the scratch test. You can always use the test kits on your next monster finds lol Still hoping it's real :dontknow:

RaZR
08-23-2011, 12:39 PM
Start off by putting a magnet to it ...all the different parts of it. If it sticks, then it's junk. If it doesn't then you have to weight it in your hands and see if it is some kind of aluminum mix. If it's lighter than it should be, then it junk. But I would get a test kit for gold and silver and do the scratch test. You can always use the test kits on your next monster finds lol Still hoping it's real :dontknow:

I already tried the magnet test, nothing sticks!
It has substantial weight to it, so i'm sure it's not aluminum.
And i already made an offer of $12.00 on a $13.99 priced kit on E-bay. Offer accepted, it's on it's way!

coinnut
08-23-2011, 12:42 PM
I already tried the magnet test, nothing sticks!
It has substantial weight to it, so i'm sure it's not aluminum.
And i already made an offer of $12.00 on a $13.99 priced kit on E-bay. Offer accepted, it's on it's way!

Sweet!!! thumbsup01