PDA

View Full Version : Saturday and Sunday hunts

RobW
08-17-2011, 01:05 PM
On Saturday, I only had a bit of time to get out, Al was busy that morning with his car, so I went solo.....
I decided to hit a few spots I'd eyeballed that wasn't big enough for 2 or more people, and also check out some potential spots for later. I first hit a few sidewalk tearouts (later I found out Al hit them the night before)...1 wheat, then I hit an old school that backs up to a 1700s cemetary, scored a ring, came in pretty low, ladies, filigie work on it I was hoping for gold (after cleaning it found it was plated junk >happydance02 went back to the area I found the merc last week and hit an island. scored a few more wheats and a merc :peace:, then hit the opening of a park got a few more wheats and another ring, which turned out to be junk too >{, then I lastly hit another island and scored a few more wheats.

Sunday, the 3 amigos got together (Al, Tim and I), it was suppose to be raining but it watching the weather forcast I noticed it was following the mountains, se we headed west over the mountains to where it wasn't raining...good call. It took awhile for us to find a spot. We found a nice new/old park. I got a funky signal, but could tell there was copper in the hole, and it was deep. I dug down, pin pointed the hole first, got a hit...BAM...barber dime <: But that wasn't the signal I heard I checked the hole again...nothing, checked the plug.....wheat. A few moments later, another funky signal, I decided to dig...as I was digging, Tim came around the corner. I motioned for him to come over, I was going to show him the barber dime I had dug...I still didn't know what was in my hole. As he approached, I broke open the clod of dirt and there's a barber dime happydance02 We both serached the rest of that area hard...nothing else. I moved to another area, had a strong copper signal...wheat spill....5 early wheats

That was the only real spot we hit on Sunday, other than a median strip, as I had to meet up with a client for a day of redneckin' We went 4wheelin' on 250 acres, through fields and streams, followed by some shooting...then some drinkin'...it was a good day :cheesysmile:

MassDirtFisher
08-17-2011, 01:37 PM
Great finds!! We both struck out in the silver dept. but I did score a 1914 wheatie and roughly 4 dollars in clad. I had a great time swinging the dirt pole around as usual , better luck next time for Al and myself. We cant win em all!! Congrats on your silver and wheats. Happy Hunting Buddy!! thumbsup01

silver star
08-17-2011, 02:00 PM
Congrats on your finds. Great hunt and sound like you guys had fun. Good luck and HH. Mike

Cheap Thrills
08-17-2011, 02:16 PM
Nice going !! :clapping: thumbsup01 thumbsup01

angellionel
08-17-2011, 02:50 PM
A good day indeed. Rob! :clapping: You certainly were busy having fun doing a little of everything. lol Love the Barber dimes. :smitten:

JTGOLD
08-17-2011, 03:03 PM
2 barbers and some wheats and a fun filled day,it don't get any better than that,GG.

aloldstuff
08-17-2011, 03:09 PM
Okay so ya got the silver lead. |:confused:) :clapping:You know I can't stand pressure, so I'll have to go get a couple of silvers myself. Rob, great finds on the two Barbers and of course your usual pile of wheats. :clapping: :beerbuddy: 4 wheelin, shootin, drinkin, must have felt like you were home. :beerbuddy:

del
08-17-2011, 06:18 PM
:clapping: :clapping: :cheering: congrats on the barbers Rob , thats the way to put the pressure on Al .

Tony Two-Cent
08-17-2011, 09:01 PM
Sweet Barber Dimes and Merc, and a nice pile of wheat cents! That must have been a fun hunt!

If we don't get some rain here soon I'm going to have to dig with stick of dynamite! The ground is hard as concrete, so I have to get my enjoyment from seeing cool finds from other people!

Mudder
08-17-2011, 09:12 PM
:shocked04: Sounds like you had a great day, and finding two Barbers is fantastic.

coinnut
08-17-2011, 10:57 PM
Nice score on them 2 Barbers :peace: :peace: You did well :clapping: redneckin hah? :confused: You didn't get drunk and shoot your old detector did you? rofl

RobW
08-18-2011, 07:29 AM
You didn't get drunk and shoot your old detector did you? rofl

No, we through old coils in the air like clay pigions, and used a V3i for rifle practice rofl

zrickkid
08-21-2011, 03:07 PM
Looks like a cool hunt. Hope you had fun. :angelic:

Epi-hunter
08-21-2011, 04:20 PM
Great hunt!!! Love those barber dimes :smitten: :drool:

Civil War Nut
08-28-2011, 06:53 PM
Nice finds RW. Us go find some gold coins . I m geting the feaver . Tn. boys cant stay away from home anyway !

jkress
08-28-2011, 07:43 PM
Wow... you hit quite a few spots this weekend. Paid off!! :clapping:
Lots of nice coins here. Especially the Barbers.
Congrats.

milco
08-29-2011, 07:44 AM
Congrats on pulling those out, nice finds!

randy
08-29-2011, 06:44 PM
Awesome <: Two barbers WTG. And it sounds like alot of other fun activities. Sounds like I have to PM you the next time I'm up your way lol

wingmaster
08-29-2011, 06:58 PM
Great hunt there congrats on the barbers and merc.