PDA

View Full Version : 18 Silvers-58 wheats-2 Buffaloes!

Bell-Two
08-14-2011, 04:21 PM
Doug, Paul and I went out on a detecting adventure Saturday, and ended up with the impressive total of 78 keepers! We started hunting a curb tear out where we all got wheats and Doug a large mans silver ring and a silver pendant. We moved on to a vacant lot and I got the only keeper there a nice 1920 wheat. Then on to a house where were everyone got a wheat and Paul picked up a Merc. Then we cruised around and saw a nice older home and did a door knock, the owner was very nice and was very accommodating to us. This yard which we could not cover all of today was a veritable virgin site. This house was built in 1919, Paul made the first good find a Pontiac Craftsman’s ring which was sterling and 10k gold! Then the keepers kept flowing from then on! Wheat after wheat, it got so if you dug a memorial you were surprised because you were expecting a wheat. I had my best silver day with two Rosies and a Merc also 13 wheats. Paul ended up with 26 wheats, 3 Mercs, 1 Rosie, 2 Silver Washingtons, 1 War Nickel, 2 Buffaloes. Doug had the silver Ring and pendant 19 wheats, 2 Rosies, 1 Silver Washington, 1 War Nickel and a 1907 Silver Filipina 20 cent coin! I could not even make time to film each find since they were coming so fast, and Paul never wants to take time to do it he just wants to hunt. Doug said “I thought I was fast, but Paul is an animal!” A great time for all of us.
[attachimg=1]
[attachimg=2]
[attachimg=3]
[attachimg=4]
[attachimg=5]

Hunting With Bell-Two #59 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F96W5FS9yWY#ws)

coinnut
08-14-2011, 04:29 PM
I'm surprised you survived a hunt like that lol What a great opportunity to do a pristine site |:confused:) |:confused:) I try and stress to people we get together with that when you hit a virgin site, you will definitely know it :yes: Great hunt you three :perfect10:

fsa46
08-14-2011, 05:04 PM
:omg: You guys must love to dance, by the looks of things you were all rocking and rolling. lol

What a great hunt, and to have a couple friends with you must have made it even more enjoyable. :clapping:

I know what you will be doing tonight :sleepy: and having sweet dreams. :yes:

milco
08-14-2011, 05:51 PM
Wow, that's impressive! Congrats on good hunting and good sites!

Ill Digger
08-14-2011, 08:50 PM
Holy moly you guys cleaned up!!
Sweet couple of rings and a nice assortment of silver coins to boot!! thumbsup01 :drool:
Thats alotta wheaties too!! Wow!! :shocked04:
Congrats to all! thumbsup01

Cheap Thrills
08-14-2011, 09:17 PM
You guys did great . :perfect10: That Phillipino coin was minted at the San Francisco mint and desired by many collectors . :cool: thumbsup01

JTGOLD
08-14-2011, 10:51 PM
all you guys did great,very good finds,wtg.

aloldstuff
08-15-2011, 08:34 AM
WOW virgin turf. You guys were like dunkin sailors on leave. Coins everywhere, that would have made my year. Congrats

RobW
08-15-2011, 10:05 AM
:shocked04: that was some yard...lots o silver :clapping:

Mudder
08-15-2011, 06:59 PM
:perfect10: Sweet hunting, and some great keepers.. Congrats.