PDA

View Full Version : Flip of the coin?

Jeff (or)
07-15-2011, 05:09 PM
Had to get out of the house today. Go detectin' or fishin'? Could'nt decide, so I flipped a coin. Heads-go detectin', tails-go fishin'. came up tails,..... ok,.... best two outta three........hhmmmm...must have defective coin. Went detectin'. Hunted a woods area that edged a old picnic/park. Very brushy, but had fun. Got a few keepers.
1929 standing liberty quarter, 1935 buffalo nickle, 1919, two 1940s, 1941s, and a 1943d wheat pennys.

milco
07-15-2011, 05:58 PM
Congrats on a great hunt! Hunting those wooded areas can pay off!

russellt
07-15-2011, 07:55 PM
those are some great flippin coins :grin:

coinnut
07-15-2011, 08:13 PM
Love the way you reasoned that out lol I may try that myself :thinkingabout: Go detecting or break a leg? :dontknow: Looks like I will be detecting in the morning lol A beauty of a Standing Liberty :smitten: A picnic/park area?? I would dig every wisper signal there, (even the ones that are not there ;)) Nice hunt!!

jkress
07-15-2011, 09:32 PM
Go detectin' or fishin'? Could'nt decide, so I flipped a coin. Heads-go detectin', tails-go fishin'. came up tails,..... ok,.... best two outta three........hhmmmm...must have defective coin. Went detectin'.

lol rofl
You can't miss with logic like that. thumbsup01
Awesome hunt you had. :shocked04: You are definitely on to a nice site.
Congrats on the SLQ... a tough one to find. The rest are just icing on the cake.

Tony Two-Cent
07-16-2011, 08:27 AM
Standing Liberty Quarter! :smitten:

They don't seem to come out of the ground often, I guess since they were minted for only 13 years. I've yet to find one with my E-Trac, but I've only been hunting for 4 months.

Congrats on the coin flip and the impressive results! thumbsup01

aloldstuff
07-18-2011, 11:48 AM
A dated SLQ is a great find. Congrats on not letting the flip of a coin rule your life.

catskillcomics
07-18-2011, 10:11 PM
LOL, I've been in that boat before lol, though lately the boat/fishing thing has been winning more this year... I'll have to get a different coin the next time I flip... great hunt btw... :beerbuddy: