PDA

View Full Version : Saturdays Hunt - couple Indian Heads

aloldstuff
07-09-2011, 04:14 PM
I went back to the spot that I had found the Barber Half and got 2 Indians 1906 & 1907. I am currently back to using my Prizm IV as the V3i is getting fixed. Rob and I had scoured this area hoping for more Barbers, he with his Etrac, me with my V3i. It amazes me that these indians were not found by either of us earlier. Also managed a cap gun TEXAN JR, a crotal bell, and two tags. One of the tags says MVTVAL GROVP SPRINGFIELD MASS, has a picture of a building, the other just has 149 on it.
Rob had to go to Vermont today but hopefully we can get together tomorrow for a hunt.

Thanks for reading and keep diggin

Sorry about the poor quality of the pictures

MassDirtFisher
07-09-2011, 04:36 PM
Congrats on the IH's!! Nice looking cap gun. Happy Hunting!!

Viking
07-09-2011, 05:32 PM
Sweet finds! Looks like that site still has some life left in it!

Tony Two-Cent
07-09-2011, 06:42 PM
I love finding Indian Heads, and since I haven't been finding any lately I just have to enjoy everyone else's! Those are some beauties! And I usually only find pieces of cap guns, LOL!

It's funny about the crotal bells, they seem to turn up on a fairly regular basis out east, but I have never found one here in the midwest, nor have I heard of anyone finding them around here.

Congrats on the nice finds!

del
07-09-2011, 06:45 PM
very nice finds Al , love the crotal bell ( a little odd finding one in a park huh) maybe its in a very old part that hasn't seen alot of landscaping. :thinkingabout:
congrats again.

Dan

coinnut
07-09-2011, 09:59 PM
Nice hunt Al. 2 Indians is a good hunt. Don't worry about finding things after you have hunted that place out, Dan and I do it all the time lol We always say the site is done and then it gives us lots more :confused: Hit that place from a different direction and when the ground is wet and you will see targets everywhere :dontknow: Hope you and Rob get a chance to get out.

z118
07-10-2011, 10:32 AM
Nice digs! I find pieces of caps guns all the time, but never the whole thing. The bell is sweet too. Congrats!