PDA

View Full Version : CELLAR HOLES & A LARGE CENT

HEAVYMETALNUT
06-19-2011, 05:33 PM
Got out today to a few cellar holes. alot of targets and a few keepers.thought i had a knee buckle when the oval pressed brass brooch popped out >:{ a couple one piece buttons,and a 1822 Matron head large cent.no ticks at all today :confused: real weird not seeing them creepy crawlers on ya in the woods <:

HEAVYMETALNUT
06-19-2011, 05:35 PM
more pics

coinnut
06-19-2011, 05:38 PM
Congrats on the copper :clapping: I just found one of those 1822's recently :thinkingabout: Perhaps mine is missing :thinkingabout: I better check lol Nice that the ticks stayed away. :clapping:

HEAVYMETALNUT
06-19-2011, 05:56 PM
Congrats on the copper :clapping: I just found one of those 1822's recently :thinkingabout: Perhaps mine is missing :thinkingabout: I better check lol Nice that the ticks stayed away. :clapping:

the way you lose stuff i wouldn't doubt this could be yours rofl

coinnut
06-19-2011, 06:00 PM
the way you lose stuff i wouldn't doubt this could be yours rofl

lol rofl <} I WANT IT BACK :eyebrow: :bop: ;)

del
06-19-2011, 08:09 PM
hey another copper :happydance01: :happydance01: hey how about a close up of the little buckle (front&back) it looks interesting :thinkingabout: :thinkingabout: very nice day out :clapping: :clapping:

HEAVYMETALNUT
06-19-2011, 08:15 PM
hey another copper :happydance01: :happydance01: hey how about a close up of the little buckle (front&back) it looks interesting :thinkingabout: :thinkingabout: very nice day out :clapping: :clapping:

thanks Dan.its not a buckle though its a brooch if this is what you are referring to?
here's a close up

MassDirtFisher
06-19-2011, 09:21 PM
I bet that turtle ate all the ticks...LOL!! Congrats on the great relics and Sweet LC!! Happy Hunting!!

RobW
06-20-2011, 10:47 AM
Sweet digs...as always! :clapping:

aloldstuff
06-20-2011, 10:54 AM
another great hunt, congrats on the LC, and I also think the turtle ate the ticks

del
06-20-2011, 01:12 PM
thanks Dan.its not a buckle though its a brooch if this is what you are referring to?
here's a close up

hey Dave i think it goes on a ladies large fancy hat as it would pin on a bright colored sash or belt that went on the brim , to look like an actual funtioning buckle . it was probably gold or silver plated and probably early victorian in age . a nice little piece you don't see to often.

Dan

HEAVYMETALNUT
06-20-2011, 08:35 PM
hey Dave i think it goes on a ladies large fancy hat as it would pin on a bright colored sash or belt that went on the brim , to look like an actual funtioning buckle . it was probably gold or silver plated and probably early victorian in age . a nice little piece you don't see to often.

Dan

thanks Dan for the id on it.suprised the pin is still intact :confused: