PDA

View Full Version : Silver is Possible!

z118
06-16-2011, 09:02 PM
Another long day at work... My dad's Barber dime find got me all charged up for some detecting though. On my way home from work I had less than an hour of daylight left so I stopped at the park I hit yesterday. They are tearing up an edge of the park along a road for some type of project. No doubt I'm going to be hunting this spot every chance I get while the construction allows. The first target I pulled was another Buffalo, which by itself would have made my night. My second target was a large metal A for a movable type press. Neat! I have no idea how old it might be but it's a cool find regardless. After that I started getting more wheats, and finally, a bit of silver! It's just a Rosie, but I sure was pleased to dig it. Total for the short hunt was 11 coins, which included 5 more wheats, the dateless Buff, and the 1946 dime. I'm looking forward to getting back to this spot this weekend! With any luck there's more goodies there somewhere.

Happy hunting...

jkress
06-16-2011, 09:12 PM
Nice... that was a very productive short hunt. Congrats on hitting the silver. :clapping:
The old press piece is very cool. Now days they go direct from computer to press plate (CTP).
Great bunch of stuff Z.

randy
06-17-2011, 06:43 AM
Congrats on getting silver from that site. There has got to be more there.

aloldstuff
06-17-2011, 07:02 AM
WTG...very nice hunt. Silver, wheats, buff..excellent.

russellt
06-18-2011, 05:37 PM
very nice . you had a great hunt

coinnut
06-19-2011, 08:28 PM
Silver is silver :clapping: I'd take it anyday lol since my silver count for the year is 6 :embarrassed: rofl