PDA

View Full Version : A LITTLE SILVER & A BIG COPPER

HEAVYMETALNUT
05-21-2011, 07:57 PM
sittin home thinkin where to go about 11am i decided to go back to a early 1800's home i had permission to detect.me and forino hit this yard a few times.alot of junk but i was workin it slowly.2 suspender buckles,a crotal bell,a matching pair of boot plates,2 mercs & some clad the yard gave up.
workin front yard i see cars slowing down.this snapper made it across 2 lanes of traffic! lol i helped him into the woods.
now alongside the house is a old road that has a cellar hole.me and forino spent alot of time at this site.it gave up only a few buttons and mikey got a King George II outta here.other than that the place was hit pretty hard by somebody in the past. I decided to trek up the trail and try it another time. 2 hours and digging all iron signals trying to clean it up a bit more hoping a good signal will come through eventually.I was just ready to call it a day swinging my way down to the dirt rd when i got a somewhat decent choppy penny/dime signal at 7 inches.
took awhile to locate it cuz of the nails and roots but,finally i saw the disc all of us colonial hunters love to see in the hole! i think it may be a CT copper or a King George II.the words are wiped out around edge bothe sides.can anyone confirm which it is? I'm leaning towrds CT

HEAVYMETALNUT
05-21-2011, 08:01 PM
more pics

sniffy
05-21-2011, 08:22 PM
Lookin like a CT Mr.

Tony Two-Cent
05-21-2011, 08:29 PM
I don't know a Connecticut Copper from a King George II, but I know a cool old coin when I see one!

Congrats on the incredible find!

angellionel
05-21-2011, 09:04 PM
Hey, you woke up Mr. Turtle. lol Very nice bunch of finds, Dave! :happydance01:

del
05-21-2011, 09:13 PM
hey nice relics my colonial cellar diggin friend . you did better that me the copper looks like a King George II older head type (after 1740- 60 ) very nice find buddy . :clapping: :peace: :clapping:

MassDirtFisher
05-21-2011, 09:52 PM
Nice job. Great hunt and nice little silver and Big Copper!! Happy Hunting!!

hockeyguy
05-21-2011, 09:59 PM
Excellent digs, pics and story HMN.....nice to read your posts! :callme:

coinnut
05-21-2011, 11:21 PM
You got some great relics there :clapping: Love the heel plates and two tined fork. Nice to see some silver as always :happydance01: and congrats on the Geo II copper. I'm surprised little turtle didn't make it back to your house as a pet lol Great hunt Dave. thumbsup01

HEAVYMETALNUT
05-21-2011, 11:28 PM
You got some great relics there :clapping: Love the heel plates and two tined fork. Nice to see some silver as always :happydance01: and congrats on the Geo II copper. I'm surprised little turtle didn't make it back to your house as a pet lol Great hunt Dave. thumbsup01

thanks man.this guy wasn't little G.he was a big bastad,strong as heck too!his shell near head to tail hadda be a foot and a half in length.old timer he is i bet

coinnut
05-22-2011, 04:09 PM
this guy wasn't little G.he was a big bastad,strong as heck too!his shell near head to tail hadda be a foot and a half in length.old timer he is i bet

lol Then he would make an excellent watch dog :beatdown:

aloldstuff
05-23-2011, 08:34 AM
Nice silver, nice copper. Congrats

RobW
05-23-2011, 09:39 AM
Matching boot plates..what are the chances! Nice haul :clapping: