PDA

View Full Version : Sunday Hunt with Mass Dirtfisher and AlOldstuff

RobW
05-02-2011, 09:15 AM
Sunday Al, Tim and I got together for some good ol' dirtfishing. We hit one area that Al had scoped out. We all went to different area. Everywhere we looked, we saw pluggs..some one got there before us....Angel?...so we decided to go somewhere else. We went to another park. Not 5 min in, I got a beautiful 1945 quarter. I managed a wheat..then nothing else. We kinda wandered around the park open areas, woods, nothing else was coming. Tim and I couldn't find Al :dontknow:. We wandered around and finally found him near the car. As we came out of the wooded area he saw us ...and he did a silver dance :happydance01:..he found a merc, which is in his post.

We decided it was break time so we hit a McD's and drove around to find another spot. We finally decided on one. One of Tim's spots. My first hit was a Budweiser cap at about 6 inches. I questioned whether it was going to be the kinda site that he claimed. We wandered around a bit. Not getting anything really. I approached Tim and he showed me a beatuiful 2 Center that he dug :loveit:. Then he started nailing silvers! Ok, so this place produces. I knuckled down a bit more (stopped my wandering a bit less). Got a wheat, then a solid 12-11...scored a 1930 Buffalo. A bit later, an iffy signal then out came the merc. <: We had a great time hunting together. We all got silver :peace:

angellionel
05-02-2011, 09:37 AM
We all went to different area. Everywhere we looked, we saw pluggs..some one got there before us....Angel?

lol lol It wasn't me, Rob. I was busy elsewhere at the time. :cheesysmile: lol

Very nice keepers. You guys had a fun hunt. :clapping:

coinnut
05-02-2011, 10:25 AM
Nice 3 amigo hunt lol Silver for everyone :cheering: :clapping: Don't you just love to go to a site and be charged up, and them see someone else has already beat you to the punch? >:# But you guys recovered and all got some keepers.

aloldstuff
05-02-2011, 11:02 AM
Hey Rob, great post. Sunday was a weather beautiful day and we all found keepers. Tim got the find of the day, what a great looking 2 cent piece. And for you, finally a quarter, now what can I pick on you for......

RobW
05-02-2011, 11:39 AM
now what can I pick on you for......

I can think of many things...but I'm not going to load your gun for you lol

JTGOLD
05-02-2011, 11:51 AM
very good hunt,wtg.

del
05-02-2011, 02:49 PM
very nice Rob , glad you got out with Tim (he's a great guy ) .

RobW
05-02-2011, 03:08 PM
very nice Rob , glad you got out with Tim (he's a great guy ) .

He is, :yes:, and he only lives about 10 min from me so it makes us getting together very convienient.

MassDirtFisher
05-02-2011, 04:12 PM
Had a wonderful time with the Boys. We hit a few spots, then we hit a couple spots that I know still produce some goodies. All in all I had a great time and found a few keepers. Thanks for a great hunt Rob, and Al. happydance02

MassDirtFisher
05-02-2011, 04:14 PM
SCRATCHHHHH!!! Glad I scratched the quarter rather than the 2 center. Got to be careful with those relic shovels. >:tongue:

coinnut
05-02-2011, 04:32 PM
SCRATCHHHHH!!! Glad I scratched the quarter rather than the 2 center. Got to be careful with those relic shovels. >:tongue:

lol For those scratched coins, I have learned to show the other side rofl Nice looking 2 Cent Piece :shocked04: :shocked04: Great condition. I hope Rob behaved himself :rolleyes: lol