PDA

View Full Version : Sunday Hunt with Mr. Oldstuff

RobW
04-11-2011, 10:12 AM
Sunday, I met up with Al and his friend Chris. We headed out to an area in no mans land, muddy as all can be, the only find there was a musket ball that I recovered. We then moved on back down the road and hit another spot...Al got a lucky penny and I a quarter..not shaping up for a good day. We decided to head back into town and hit the park where I could look to find that bottom of that cigarette case....well no such luck with the bottom, of course it would have been more helpful if I could have found the original hole for the top lol. But we hit that area pretty hard. Al and I were walking towards one another and he has this look on his face like Chester Cheetah, grin'n from ear to ear.... :grin:...got a roosie...then he shows me this awsome silver cross he got too.

I wasn't hitting anything, finally I got my wheatie Then as I'm about to finish the area I get a hit, I look at Al's friend and say ..that's a nice hit......out comes a silver Merc. :happydance01:...This park has been pounded, but we still manage a few good finds. We then go to another park nearby, I found a St Chis metal, silver ring, and a Special Olympic's Medal......guess I won the prize for the day lol...ok, that wasn't very PC, but made me laugh.

I took a pic for Al, so his pic is first

angellionel
04-11-2011, 10:22 AM
That's a good hunt Rob, especially when it ends with silver. :happydance01:

aloldstuff
04-11-2011, 10:34 AM
Hey Rob, thanks for posting. that cross is marked sterling, the other is junk. Had a great time(as usual), we really need to find those old spots. Congrats on the Merc, and the special Olympics medal is really special also.

silver star
04-11-2011, 10:43 AM
Congrats on the silver and rest of your finds. Good luck and HH. Mike

Carl in Louisiana
04-11-2011, 11:03 AM
Nice hunt with silver !!! thumbsup01 Too bad you could find the back to that case !

exsquid
04-11-2011, 12:50 PM
Def some nice finds!!

randy
04-11-2011, 04:07 PM
Congrats on the silver, that merc looks to be in great shape.

coinnut
04-11-2011, 04:21 PM
It all adds up Rob. Sometimes it's just a couple of coins and maybe a silver or two. But over the course of a year, it can add up quite nicely. I think it was a good hunt. :clapping:

Spike
04-11-2011, 04:39 PM
Nice hunt thumbsup01 thumbsup01 You may already know this but I found a very good way to straighten out bent rings I take a small 3/8 drive socket and start working the ring down the socket by rolling it on a piece of wood just keep getting bigger ones until its round, works good for me :yes:

odave
04-11-2011, 09:33 PM
Good hunt :yes: Congrats on the Silver thumbsup01