PDA

View Full Version : TDI-Gold & Silver

Carl in Louisiana
03-25-2011, 06:30 PM
Took the TDI Pro back to the same play grounds as the last hunt. The only changes I made this time around was to hunt in the all position, Pulse Delay at 10, FGEB at noon and CGEB at 3. The silver and gold ring was both great hits on the tone. The gold ring was down four to five inches in the loose sand. The silver was just under the sand. I ended up with some junk bling also and $1.81 clad. The small chain was a nice hit also. I really liked the way the TDI picked up all the small items. I also dug a lot of junk, way more than the last time, but being in the all position allowed more junk. If you need a picture of the junk just say so but I figure that everyone has seen junk......Oh and the TDI loves bobby pins lots of them lol lol lol lol It was a fun time out today...HH

cliffy
03-25-2011, 07:19 PM
Pretty cool Carl! :peace: What size coil were you using?

cliffy

del
03-25-2011, 07:44 PM
very very nice Carl thumbsup01 hey when you have it in the all position do you still hear the high and or the low tones both or is it just all one tone . :dontknow:

Carl in Louisiana
03-25-2011, 08:01 PM
Pretty cool Carl! :peace: What size coil were you using?

cliffy

Sorry Cliffy, I was using the 7.5 DF coil.

Carl in Louisiana
03-25-2011, 08:03 PM
very very nice Carl thumbsup01 hey when you have it in the all position do you still hear the high and or the low tones both or is it just all one tone . :dontknow:

Thanks Del,
With the FGEB turned on you get both high and low tones. I will have to try it as just a PI to see if you would still get the two tones... :dontknow:

giant056
03-25-2011, 10:56 PM
Awesome score on the gold and silver items ya got there Carl thumbsup01 I knew the TDI was going to be a good machine ever since Steve Hershbach (in Alaska) posted on the Whites forum how well he did finding coins up there! He has also found some huge nuggets too but just for the heck of it one time he went for the coins and did real well.

cliffy
03-26-2011, 03:05 AM
Thanks Carl... just wondering how deep you where going. The sandlots here are at least 16-24 inches deep and there is only one way to get that deep. Good luck and lets hope for another big ring. :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Salty Dog
03-26-2011, 04:02 AM
Nice Digs Carl,going to start calling you the DTI kid lol,looks like your new hunting buddy is doing his part :yes:,you need to take it to some soccer fields and clean up on the jewelry...Best of luck,Dave

odave
03-26-2011, 09:51 AM
Nice finds Carl !! Congrats on the Ring thumbsup01

coinnut
03-26-2011, 08:29 PM
Nice finds with that TDI :happydance01: Running it that way, is it almost like all metal with a tone ID?? Still pick up bits of iron ?? Would love to play with one of them sometime. I bet it would feel alien to me even though I grew up with the old analog units from the 70's.

Miller in Louisiana
03-26-2011, 08:41 PM
Good Job. You had better luck today with TDI than I did. Found a little clad and some nails. No aluminum, no pull tabs, only two bottle tops. But the small iron was giving me a run for my money at the old homesite I was hunting. Later, at the park I played a lot in the all audio today, and learned a lesson (low tone high tone low tone in short succession = nail). I let a friend use my MXT Pro today, I could hear him squawking all over the park on the aluminum, pull tabs and bottle tops. The TDI is nice and quiet when, it seems to completely ignore small aluminum all together.

jkress
03-26-2011, 08:49 PM
Silver and gold... <:
I definitely like the silver ring... very nice.
Congrats Carl.

DaleGM
03-27-2011, 01:09 AM
nice hit on the gold Carl!!!! :happydance01: :happydance01: :happydance01:

Carl in Louisiana
03-27-2011, 06:17 AM
Nice finds with that TDI :happydance01: Running it that way, is it almost like all metal with a tone ID?? Still pick up bits of iron ?? Would love to play with one of them sometime. I bet it would feel alien to me even though I grew up with the old analog units from the 70's.

It loves the small iron bits and takes some practice to get away from them, I'm still running from them lol lol lol

Carver
03-27-2011, 07:49 AM
Great finds all around Carl :happydance01: :happydance01:

RaZR
03-27-2011, 07:56 AM
Can't beat GOLD and SILVER in the same hunt! :smitten:
Congratultions Carl! Looks like you're liking the TDI and it's rewarding you. :grin: