PDA

View Full Version : FIRST HUNT OF 2011

HEAVYMETALNUT
02-27-2011, 03:54 PM
Me and sniffy decided enough is enough.being cooped up all winter has taken it's toll on us! so we knew it was a gamble to even attempt going but,we did.
about a foot and a half still in the woods :crying02: we swung around some trees where you can start to see the ground.not much was found but felt good to try and swing.got a drawer pull made of brass and wondering wondering if this other brass item is some type of military item or sword loop? :dontknow: or is this a horse related item? this is a colonial site and a few coppers were dug here already in the past.

HEAVYMETALNUT
02-27-2011, 03:55 PM
last picture

zrickkid
02-27-2011, 04:57 PM
Cool stuff! You guys must have been stir crazy being cooped up all winter. Its nice to get out huh? :clapping:

coinnut
02-27-2011, 06:00 PM
rofl rofl rofl Detecting in a foot and a half of snow?? rofl rofl rofl I'm right behind you buddy thumbsup01 I'm gonna go out next weekend if it kills me, but I'm bringing a shovel and doing some snow moving lol I bet it felt nice to get out :thinkingabout: Some nice relics too. Surprised you guys found anything at all. Is that a drawer pull or half of a window lock?? :confused: The other piece is real nice. Don't know enough about it, but I like it rofl

HEAVYMETALNUT
02-27-2011, 06:37 PM
rofl rofl rofl Detecting in a foot and a half of snow?? rofl rofl rofl I'm right behind you buddy thumbsup01 I'm gonna go out next weekend if it kills me, but I'm bringing a shovel and doing some snow moving lol I bet it felt nice to get out :thinkingabout: Some nice relics too. Surprised you guys found anything at all. Is that a drawer pull or half of a window lock?? :confused: The other piece is real nice. Don't know enough about it, but I like it rofl

it's a drawer pull G.and somebody on tnet id'ed the loop thing as a horse reign guide.pic below.(in RED area) never dug one of these before.thought it was gonna be a coin crying01

coinnut
02-27-2011, 06:58 PM
it's a drawer pull G.and somebody on tnet id'ed the loop thing as a horse reign guide.pic below.(in RED area) never dug one of these before.thought it was gonna be a coin crying01

Look at all the different pieces on that horse lol It only makes sense that we find a lot of those type of targets :angry: It only hurts when you really want a coin and you get that lol I've had a couple of the large D buckles that fooled me into thinking copper, when I really needed one bad :hairpulling: Still a nice relic and worthy of the better display box.

del
02-27-2011, 08:54 PM
:omg: i don't know who scares me more you or George ... :crazy: lol lol Dave that alot of snow to move for a target ... was the ground hard or frozen :thinkingabout: :thinkingabout: :thinkingabout: jeez what am i saying lol lol i gotta swing that coil soon :-\ lol lol that part does look like it goes to a window but the other item is indeed a gagloop for a horse harnes . crying01 at first they do look like somekind of sword hanger or something . well glad you got out you diehard or just plain loco but its good to hear from you buddy .

Dan

Ill Digger
02-27-2011, 11:31 PM
I know how you feel man! I did the same thing lol Only I caved before you did lol :crazy: And it was only 10 degrees the first time I went :frozen: lol
Yep it feels good to hear those sounds again after what seems like years lol
Should be a couplea coppas for ya there after the snow melts :yes:
Nice find on the gagloop thumbsup01

HEAVYMETALNUT
02-28-2011, 12:09 AM
:omg: i don't know who scares me more you or George ... :crazy: lol lol Dave that alot of snow to move for a target ... was the ground hard or frozen :thinkingabout: :thinkingabout: :thinkingabout: jeez what am i saying lol lol i gotta swing that coil soon :-\ lol lol that part does look like it goes to a window but the other item is indeed a gagloop for a horse harnes . crying01 at first they do look like somekind of sword hanger or something . well glad you got out you diehard or just plain loco but its good to hear from you buddy .

Dan

the ground is soft as butter under the snow! :happydance01: but getting to the ground is the crappy part :daydream:

giant056
02-28-2011, 12:58 AM
Very cool finds thumbsup01 this winter about all I've done is hunt for relics because of so much snow. Every time it starts melting it'll turn right around and snow some more and get cold again. There is a thick crust of ice on top of the leaves in the woods here now too.

sniffy
02-28-2011, 12:49 PM
:frozen: 8/ &quot:daydream:H THERE'S NOT THAT MUCH SNOW DOWN HERE! baaaahaaaa haaa! Regardless, it was nice to get out! At least I dug a couple relics...I swear that disc target had my heart racin!.

jkress
02-28-2011, 01:20 PM
lol lol lol
That is a lot of snow to dig through. Amazing the ground was so soft underneath. I know the snow will insulate, but never would I have thought the ground was soft for you there. Congrats on getting out hunting again. :peace:
You definitely found a few keepers to make the endeavor very worth while. :yes:
I can't wait to see all the goodies when you are back to your normal hunts. :daydream:

del
02-28-2011, 02:16 PM
:frozen: 8/ &quot:daydream:H THERE'S NOT THAT MUCH SNOW DOWN HERE! baaaahaaaa haaa!

Hey Jess never listen to a detectorist that hasn't gone in quite awhile ... \:hammer: \:hammer: \:hammer: as he'll tell you anything just to get out there. :crazy: lol rofl rofl

i see you had the prism subjected to that snow .... ;)

tanacat
02-28-2011, 04:27 PM
<} that first pic is great Dave... I like your finds, that horse reign guide is cool! I bet we've all found lots of those pieces and never knew it lol

SeabeeRon
02-28-2011, 04:32 PM
You know you are addicted when... You dig through that much snow to get to the dirt!!! 8) :tongue: :omg:

Evan/tn
02-28-2011, 04:34 PM
Wow that is some hard core hunting but when you gotta go, you gotta go!!!
Neat reins guide and other artifacts thumbsup01 thumbsup01 Hope the snow melts soon for ya so you can get back to digging up those old coppers!!

HEAVYMETALNUT
02-28-2011, 11:53 PM
thanks everyone! hopefully soon! this white junk will be a thing of the past :cheesysmile:

Carver
03-01-2011, 07:12 AM
That is some cool stuff ya found!!!!

Civil War Nut
03-01-2011, 09:13 AM
Nice finds Heavy. I see you got a lot of snow, I dont like that stuff. Love them hills, as long as I dont have to walk up them to much.

sniffy
03-01-2011, 04:53 PM
Hey Jess never listen to a detectorist that hasn't gone in quite awhile ... \:hammer: \:hammer: \:hammer: as he'll tell you anything just to get out there. :crazy: lol rofl rofl

i see you had the prism subjected to that snow .... ;)
Yeah, savin the DFX for this spring. Cant' wait to hear those flute like tones singin in my ears.

Toadman
03-02-2011, 07:20 PM
Way cool reign guide ! I have one similar. but yours is cooler.. :happydance01: :happydance01: :happydance01:

milco
03-02-2011, 11:53 PM
ROCK ON my man! That's awesome! Got the itch bad to go out and still staring at 6+ inches of snow right now in the sunny spots! Spring is in the air and oh, wait a minute.........what's that smell:huh: ............I smell coppers coming out of the ground! Can't wait to see what you guys all pull out the dirt this year after such an awesome year last year.

milco
03-22-2011, 10:39 PM
OK it's a month later and I still have not been out due to weather, work and chores.....ugh....hope I can get out this weekend and post some finds! I would even take a pull tab right now!