PDA

View Full Version : First Gold of 2011 on First Hunt of 2011

M-Taliesin
01-06-2011, 07:33 PM
Howdy Folks!
I wanted to get out for some serious hunting but got saddled with unexpected errands.
Not that I'm complaining considering I received a check I wasn't expecting today. So I ran around paying bills before I could get my coil to the soil.

Anyhow, I only hit a couple of places before it started getting dark. We had snow over the New Years Holiday and it got darn cold too. But Colorado is the sort of place that can turn around on a dime. Today was in the mid 50s, and I couldn't wait to get some machine time.

Because I didn't have much time, my clad count is frightful meager. I'd be depressed about that too if it werent for my best find of the day, which turned out to be a 10k gold ring with a wee little red stone in the center. I also found a cheapie chain, a star shaped button, somebody's nail clippers, a Canadian Nickel, an RTD token and a jewelry item I cant quite figure out. It looks like it might be a bracelet or anklet, but there doesn't seem to be any way to fasten it onto the usual appendages.

My coin count, meager as it is:
6 Quarters = $1.50
NO NICKELS:huh:
10 Dimes = $1.00
19 Pennies = $0.19
Total = $2.69
Coin Count = 35 coins.

Hope it will be nice out there for the next couple of days, because I really am itching to get out and find some terrific stuff. The knee pained me some but I managed to ignore it. The ribs still hurt some, but not enough to hamper my progress.

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

coinnut
01-06-2011, 07:38 PM
Any hunt that takes your total count from zero and puts you on the board is :clapping: Great little gold ring too. Not a long hunt, but a great start I think thumbsup01

Evan/tn
01-06-2011, 08:41 PM
Gold slinger strikes again :clapping:
I'd take any wee stone :grin:
Or an unexpected check :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

tanacat
01-06-2011, 08:42 PM
Congrats on your gold ring :happydance01: Wonder what the red stone is? Garnet? Yeah, that charm anklet looking thing is odd, w/out clasps... maybe supposed to stick those balls in a couple button holes- on a woman's blouse :thinkingabout: Perhaps you should ask Hillary or Laura lol

cnr_dogs
01-06-2011, 09:50 PM
Nice hunt mel Glad you got out we are only 30 or so degrees below the Denver temps so you are detecting by proxy for us snow bound folks WTG on the GOLD

odave
01-06-2011, 11:01 PM
Good finds and pic's Mel !! Glad You got out for some hunting :peace: thumbsup01

wheresthegoodstuff
01-06-2011, 11:21 PM
Nice Finds, beats working like I was stuck doing all day :(

M-Taliesin
01-06-2011, 11:55 PM
you are detecting by proxy for us snow bound folks WTG on the GOLD

Howdy Chris!
You know how things are for the Colorado Gold Slinger. Every once in awhile, I find a bit of gold.
Just seems to happen occassionally!

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

DaleGM
01-07-2011, 01:44 AM
good start for the new year Mel I wouldn't mind seeing a check come out of the blue too, with gold to boot <: <: well done!!!

giant056
01-07-2011, 06:13 AM
Congrats on the nice gold ring Mel thumbsup01

Salty Dog
01-07-2011, 06:18 AM
Good start for 2011,Mel :beerbuddy:

jkress
01-07-2011, 01:40 PM
Congrats... looks like a very nice 1st hunt. :clapping:

Several nice pieces to add to your collection.

I have a tough time finding that gold... but I'll keep trying until there are no more pull tabs to dig in my area. lol

M-Taliesin
01-07-2011, 02:45 PM
I have a tough time finding that gold... but I'll keep trying until there are no more pull tabs to dig in my area. lol

Howdy Pard!
That gold is there somewhere. All you gotta do is get your coil over it, and dig it up!
I should heed my own advice. Get myself out and hunt.
That gold ring yesterday only served to whet my appetite for finding more.
After all, I ain't found any since yesterday!

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

Jeff (or)
01-07-2011, 03:23 PM
Hey Mel, great way to start out the year! Gold! Cool looking ring, congrats!! :happydance01:

ronv3
01-07-2011, 05:42 PM
Good first hunt Mel, I enjoyed all your videos too!

cliffy
01-08-2011, 01:02 AM
Pretty
little
ring!

M-Taliesin
01-08-2011, 03:08 AM
Pretty
little
ring!

Howdy Cliffy!
I bet by now you've got half a dozen gold finds. I'm going to check it out and see what you've been finding!

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

M-Taliesin
01-08-2011, 03:08 AM
Good first hunt Mel, I enjoyed all your videos too!

Howdy Pard!
I surely do appreciate you checking them out. Thank you sincerely!

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

leslie(nova scotia)
01-08-2011, 05:41 AM
From the land of the Bluenose...neat photo. So you are the one that has my pet beaver.....partial to eating pine!

M-Taliesin
01-08-2011, 12:57 PM
From the land of the Bluenose...neat photo. So you are the one that has my pet beaver.....partial to eating pine!

Howdy Leslie!
Delighted to make your acqaintance! Nice of you to comment on my post.
Glad to meet you! Thanks for checking out my post.

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

RichK
01-08-2011, 01:17 PM
Nice first hunt Mel.
Now hurry and get that wheel fixed up.
All you have to do now is ditch Mordachai and the Magoo School of Phlebotomy losers :hammer:

Rich

russellt
01-08-2011, 03:03 PM
what took you so long MT..im ahead of you in clad by 17 cents
and what is phlebotomy:huh:thinkingabout:?
personally, id rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy :shocked04:

M-Taliesin
01-08-2011, 09:13 PM
All you have to do now is ditch Mordachai and the Magoo School of Phlebotomy losers :hammer:
Rich

Howdy Pard!
Now that's funny right there. I don't care who you are, that's funny!
And I was thinking of visiting Mordachai territory today. Just didn't get around to it.
Maybe tomorrow, before the snow flies!

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

RichK
01-10-2011, 09:49 AM
It's your story about Mordachai that was funny rofl
I laughed till I had tears in my eyes! (too much radio in my younger days i guess)
The story about your surgery prep was NOT!! :crying02:
My daughter draws blood for a living, when I told her, her eyes got as big as saucers!
All she could say was OH! that poor man! Never heard of someone who could not tell
the difference between a tendon and a vein!
She is the absolute best at it. She could find a vein anywhere. (hmmmm, Superstition Mts. just flashed into my mind)
Anyway, keep up the great stories and videos. Will keep you in our prayers on the 25th .

Rich

M-Taliesin
01-10-2011, 02:36 PM
Howdy Richk!
Thanks for your response to my post. Much appreciate you thoughts on my upcoming entanglement with the medical establishment.

I love to spin a good yarn, particularly when it is a true story. What actually happens along the trail is often far funnier than anything we might conjure up from imagination, and those are the ones I like best anyhow.

Thanks again and delighted to meet up with you and share the ride awhile!

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

Dixie Rebel
01-10-2011, 06:37 PM
You can bet if there is gold out there Mel will find it. Good going buddy. thumbsup01

M-Taliesin
01-10-2011, 06:40 PM
You can bet if there is gold out there Mel will find it. Good going buddy. thumbsup01

Howdy Dixie!
Well, ya know... I have been fortunate in finding a piece of gold every now and then.
If it weren't frigid cold out right now, I'd be hoping I enjoy a now moment then and there!

Blessings,
M-Taliesin