PDA

View Full Version : Solo Merc

hockeyguy
11-28-2010, 09:21 PM
Well, I finally got out after ~ 3 weeks or so. Catskill comics and I did one of the old haunts to find nothing. Then we went on a wild goose chase for a few parks that yielded nothing as well. We each had a few wheats but daylight was burning. We decided to hit the fairground extremities yet again for the remainder of the day. We managed a few more wheats and I eeked out a merc near a fence and electrical junction box. I figured Scott kept clear of this area and I was right. It pinpointed and sounded solo, so I dug her up. Wow did it feel good to have another silver in my hand....its been a while.

BTW, I must concede that I will not catch Scott in the silver dept.this year. I had a shot, however, when he bought the howitzer of machines, I knew trouble was brewing for me! When he got the hang of it, that was the nail in the coffin!

The competition was good for both of us, prompting us to become better and better at this hobby. That's the real goal of something like this. Actually, I generated this competition thing up on my own w/o his acceptance or approval. He was good about it, doing his usual thing all along. I do appreciate the support here though/ you guys really like the underdog don't you. You must all be Jet fans?

In reality what I really wnated was for Scott to see the light and admit (in my opinion) that Minelab owns the parks. As a matter of fact, I think he should use my is there really any other manufacturer statment on his sig file as well. WDYT? (no offense to any tesorao, whites garrett or other species of preferred MD's.)

In the end, both games were elevated as we both had record years. Congrats to Scott for killing it and pulling far ahead in the last mile of the race!

HH

Aaron

z118
11-28-2010, 09:32 PM
I'd take a Merc any day. I set out this morning hoping for a silver or two (or three) and got skunked altogether. So for now I'm stuck at 57 for the year - I'd be thrilled to reach 60!

angellionel
11-28-2010, 09:40 PM
You rescued that beauty from a lonely place. :clapping: I love mercury dimes. It's great seeing them at the bottom of the hole or on the pile of dirt. That's a nice old one. thumbsup01

coinnut
11-28-2010, 09:46 PM
Hey Aaron, that's an older one too!! Nice seeing a Merc. I just can't get too excited over a Roosie, (but I'll still take it as silver :cheesysmile:), but a Merc and earlier really gets the blood boiling :loveit:. The contest is null and void since Scott cheated and bought ET rofl Next year he gets the sneaker detector. rofl Detect while you walk. :shocked04: Too bad you guys didn't get more form the other sites. Both of you had an excellent silver year :beerbuddy: :beerbuddy:

jkress
11-28-2010, 10:03 PM
In the end, both games were elevated as we both had record years.

..... :happydance01: :peace: :clapping:

Friendly competition always raises the bar. :yes:

Congrats on pulling the Merc. She's a beauty.

zrickkid
11-28-2010, 10:36 PM
Thats still a nice coin all things considered! Nice job. thumbsup01

catskillcomics
11-29-2010, 06:11 AM
I eeked out a merc near a fence and electrical junction box. I figured Scott kept clear of this area and I was right.

Damn right I steer clear of those Electrical boxes...wires tend to be shallower near the box and the last thing I want to do is re-enact the frankenstein scene.

In the end, both games were elevated as we both had record years. Congrats to Scott for killing it and pulling far ahead in the last mile of the race!

Thanks Aaron, but truth be known, you dangle a 30 pack wager in front of me, I'm off to win... rofl
I'm sure you would of kept up if you didn't need to take the time off for other more important things in your life that came up unexpectedly...

catskillcomics
11-29-2010, 06:14 AM
Too bad you guys didn't get more form the other sites. Both of you had an excellent silver year :beerbuddy: :beerbuddy:

I have lots of time this winter to do research for next year hunts...

Jason in Enid
11-29-2010, 07:12 AM
Congrats on the SWEET Merc! Any day that ends with more silver is a good on in my book!

leslie(nova scotia)
11-29-2010, 07:49 AM
From the land of the Bluenose...a little friendly competition isn't bad. Nice silver. Navy Davy and I just try for quota each outing....50 coins!

del
11-29-2010, 08:39 AM
hey Aaron i can relate to not being out in a few weeks my friend , it was brutal . i'm glad you got to detect and thats great you got some wheaties and a merc , congrats :cheering:

hey i hate to break it to you but theres no conceding in metal detecting , its the only sport/hobby thats to the death didn't you guys read the fine print on the afidavit George and i presented to you both when you guys signed it :confused: :eyebrow: it clearly states and i quote from section 8 subsection b. there shall not be any i give ups, uncles,concedes , fainting , fake illnesses, injuries or deaths during the wagered competition. :eyebrow:

The contest is null and void since Scott cheated and bought ET rofl

i was thought Scott's silver totals since the new machine were null and void :shocked04:stretcher:

Thanks Aaron, but truth be known, you dangle a 30 pack wager in front of me, I'm off to win... rofl

a 30 pack :confused: :confused: thats what this is for :thinkingabout: i thought there would be some head shaving going on or one of you having to get a tattoo saying i'm his detecting b*!@# or something like that. lol rofl rofl

hey whatever the outcome is Aaron and Scott the friendship , commeraderie and having someone there to detect with in the hobby is a unique find all its own and is great to share.

Dan