PDA

View Full Version : 11-28-10

pulltabsteve
11-28-2010, 02:37 PM
Hi Folks! Went out this morning to the skirmish spot. The woods I have permission to hunt is about a football field size. This is the spot George Washingtons men set up a cannon to fire on the british about 1/4 mile away. No old coins yet but I did find 2 copper rings this morning. They look like a man and womans wedding bands. They were about 50 feet apart. Also maybe a childs bracelet? The house that is next to these woods used to be a meeting house during the Revolution. The backyard is about 1/2 acre. The village owns this house too. I ran into the village trustee, who gave me the permission on the woods and another private house today. He said once I finish the 2 properties Im doing, he'll let me hunt the meeting house yard! :happydance01: I can just imagine what may be there.

pulltabsteve
11-28-2010, 02:39 PM
The rock

Jason in Enid
11-28-2010, 06:10 PM
WooHoo Steve! Put it all-metal and dig it all! Never know what may turn up.

coinnut
11-28-2010, 06:41 PM
Nice finds Steve :clapping: Them copper bands are very hard to date. They had them in colonial times and I even found some in the early 1900's areas. I second the motion to have you do some all metal relic hunting lol Some of the deeper targets may fluctuate and register in the iron range, so all metal is not a bad idea. Sounds like you have some sweet hunting ahead of you :envious:

jkress
11-28-2010, 09:32 PM
I like the motorcycle! A fun addition to your collection.

Looks like you have your spot a pretty sweet arrangement for hunting ground filled with potential. :peace:

Good luck and dig it all.

tanacat
11-29-2010, 10:28 AM
Good finds Steve! :yes: Cool spot to hunt, looking forward to seeing what else you find there and the meeting house yard. I love finding little toys... I found one copper ring this summer it says 18 inside, the only part still with gold still visible... Think yours were gold plated at one time- have number inside?
I wonder if the couple split up and simultaneously threw their rings down... IT'S OVER! :thinkingabout: