PDA

View Full Version : Best silver day...

jkress
11-13-2010, 05:00 PM
Well the rain cleared off about mid morning just about the time I was finishing Saturday morning to do's, so I grabbed my detector and off I went.

Went back to the hospital I started detecting earlier in the week. The first hour was slow, no silver and only 2 wheats. Then I stumbled upon a little pocket of older coins and focused there the rest of the hunt.

Nothing too old from this place since it was built in the late 30's/ early 40's, but I did have my best silver recovery day today. Five is my new record. :happydance01:

Lots of silver dimes from here so far... but no silver quarters. :thinkingabout:

I hope you all had good luck today. :yes:

http://homepage.mac.com/j.kress/AmericanDetectorist/pictures/picture-89.jpg

dave in iowa
11-13-2010, 06:27 PM
nice hall Joe , you were right about that spot .

coinnut
11-13-2010, 06:46 PM
Sweet lol Silver everywhere thumbsup01 Nice bunch of coins and sounds like a great place to camp out for a while rofl

Jason in Enid
11-13-2010, 07:04 PM
Thats some nice silver diggin! Congrats!

milco
11-13-2010, 07:46 PM
Great job Joe, I knew you were going to pull some silvers from there!

dave in iowa
11-14-2010, 04:09 AM
if my count is right Joe , thats 95 i think, youll get in the 100 club im sure.

catskillcomics
11-14-2010, 04:26 AM
Great Job Kress! Hospital Huh, :thinkingabout: I never thought about looking into those places.. I suppose maintenance dept would be the people to inquire to about hunting their property.. Or is your hospital closed down?

pulltabsteve
11-14-2010, 06:11 AM
Great job on the silver! :peace: Love those medals too :happydance01:

jkress
11-14-2010, 07:59 AM
if my count is right Joe , thats 95 i think, youll get in the 100 club im sure.

With these five my total is at 92... I figured we would have until the end of November to dig, but with the current weather I'm not so sure. Wasn't it just 5 days ago we went hunting in tee-shirts?

Great Job Kress! Hospital Huh, :thinkingabout: I never thought about looking into those places.. I suppose maintenance dept would be the people to inquire to about hunting their property.. Or is your hospital closed down?

The hospital was converted into a retirement home several years back. My contact person ended up being the facility director. It was probably easier getting permission than if it was still a hospital... just a guess.

kenfen
11-14-2010, 07:59 AM
What a honey hole! That's a great day for sure.

Regards, Ken