PDA

View Full Version : weekend with Catskill Comics

hockeyguy
11-01-2010, 08:44 PM
I caught up with Scott on Friday, Sat and Sunday for ~ 2 hours each. He's getting the hang of the eTrac and will be a force to be reckoned with soon! Friday we were working a small patch of grass on the outside of the fairgrounds, and I was out of the zone completely. I was freezing and underdressed so I split after an hour or so.

Sat, same place, although Scott was there bright and early, I picked up some wheats, a deep copper grommet and this button of some sort.

The highlight for me was the barber in the trash. 3 signals around it pulled the pinpoint way out of the strikezone, but I decided to dig. I did this at least 3 times and this was the only one that prospered for me. These really are the most gratifying finds cause you know someone else walked past it (uh hum). These are the majority of targets left in our hunted out parks it seems.

Sunday, I dug 4 Ih's (however, temprarily misplaced one of them. 2 in one hole; which is always a surprise to rescan the hole prior to filling.

I also had 12 wheaties but the silver was scarce and probably hidden.

HH

Aaron

angellionel
11-01-2010, 08:49 PM
That 1897 Indian Head cent looks great! It should clean up quite well. Love the Barber dime of course. Those do make for exciting finds. :yes:

coinnut
11-01-2010, 09:14 PM
Nice Indians Aaron :clapping: and of course the Barber is sweet too lol It's hard work looking for coins missed by other detectorists, but they are there, scarce as they may be. Is that a button or what's left of a shotgun shell?? If it's a button, never seen one like that. :dontknow: What did the old guy get? lol

jkress
11-01-2010, 10:07 PM
You had a nice weekend HG.

The Barber was a very nice recovery from the trash. I'm still trying to master the technique.

Great IH's too.

Congrats.

hockeyguy
11-01-2010, 10:54 PM
George, Scott had a bunch of wheats and a few silvers from earlier on friday, I believe 2 mercs. Incedentally, I had gone over this area last year quite thoroughly in AM metal, so I obviously left a few behind. Hope you all do the same for me!

RobW
11-02-2010, 07:18 AM
Nice bit of digs you got there!

Jason in Enid
11-02-2010, 04:04 PM
Nice job rescueing that barber from the trash! I love making those types of finds. Great finds all the way around.