PDA

View Full Version : A hunt with Dave...

jkress
10-22-2010, 06:25 PM
Dave and I were able to get our schedules together for a hunt this morning.

The first spot I lined up was a house built in 1890... lots of trash in the ground and very few good signals. :confused: I was lucky enough to get an IH and a Buffalo there.

Then we went to another property owned by the same guy... but much smaller. Nothing there for me before I noticed the neighborhood common area across the street. It is in one of the oldest areas of town and I immediately thought... That's exactly the kind of place that Angel gets all kinds of silver.

Across the street we went and it was only a few minutes before I picked up the Rosie and a short while later I got the Merc at about 1 inch deep.

I had to get going, so we agreed that this place would be worth hitting again soon.

Good luck this weekend everyone!!

http://homepage.mac.com/j.kress/AmericanDetectorist/pictures/picture-62.jpg

dave in iowa
10-22-2010, 06:50 PM
great day Joe , you won this round , that indian head is great full liberty and i can see at least 3 of the diamonds

wild willy
10-22-2010, 06:52 PM
yep thats a awesome indian. :clapping: willy

jkress
10-22-2010, 07:01 PM
i can see at least 3 of the diamonds

... can you see the marks from my digger? crying01 Oh well, it happens.

I'd rather nick that IH instead of the gold coin I'm going to find this weekend. lol

del
10-22-2010, 07:05 PM
thats some great stuff right there :yes: the detail on that indian is amazing :shocked04:

coinnut
10-22-2010, 07:14 PM
Looks like a worker lost a penny while he was building that house lol Kinda nice to find a mint penny with the same date as the house. Nice group of finds and good thinking on the common :clapping: