PDA

View Full Version : Beat Up Rosie

z118
10-14-2010, 07:31 PM
I got out for a short time yesterday evening; with the early sunset now there are less options for where to go in the evening. I was only hoping for a buck or two in clad but (which I got) but I got lucky and scored a beat up Rosie too. Nothing great but I'll take silver any way I can get it.

Happy hunting!

Jason in Enid
10-14-2010, 07:42 PM
Yep, he's beat up all right. If you didn't make those scratches, that means you succeeded where another failed. I have dug coins scratched by other hunters, and I consider them a trophy!

Congrats!

z118
10-14-2010, 07:50 PM
No, those aren't my scratches. I was suprised when I tried to dig the plug because under about 3 of soil was nothing but coarse gravel. I flipped the turf off and the dime was a few more inches down in the gravel. I'm guessing it got ground around in the rocks somehow.

Epi-hunter
10-14-2010, 08:12 PM
Hey, silver is silver! There's no way you made those scratches. It looks like it was caught in a heavy blade at some point, like a mower.

angellionel
10-14-2010, 08:18 PM
I've seen plenty of those types of scratches on silver dimes I've dug up. I suspect the culprit to be someone probing for the find with a screwdriver or something similar. Nice find either way. :yes:

coinnut
10-14-2010, 10:40 PM
With the price of silver that has to be about a 2 dollar dime lol Nice that you got some silver when you least expected it.

jkress
10-14-2010, 10:57 PM
with the early sunset now there are less options for where to go in the evening.
Happy hunting!

I hear you there. Not much time left at the end of the work day. Once we move the clocks around... morning hunts will be a little more doable.

Nice hit on the rosie! Congrats Z.