PDA

View Full Version : Seven Old Silver Dimes

angellionel
10-14-2010, 06:53 PM
It's been a busy week so I hadn't planned to detect until this weekend. I just couldn't resist the urge to swing the coil though, so to get it off my system late this afternoon I headed to a local site with my E-Trac. I was determined to come home with at least one silver coin, but the site was kind and allowed me to grab seven instead. :happydance01: There were other finds too, like several old wheat cents, a 1891 Indian Head cent, and other miscellaneous items. I took a photo of only the silver though. :grin:

The dimes are all old, dated 1870, 1891, 1901-O, 1912, 1920, 1925, and 1927.

http://www.angellionel.com/myfinds/2010/October/silverdimes_101410.jpg

Now I await the weekend. :cheesysmile:

HH!

Epi-hunter
10-14-2010, 06:56 PM
Beautiful dimes! Right, you were going to go five whole days without swinging the coil? rofl

I want to see a photo of the 'miscellaneous finds'. :devilish:

z118
10-14-2010, 07:00 PM
Nice digs. That Canadian dime is sweet. It's getting harder to get out in the evenings with sunset coming so early now...

angellionel
10-14-2010, 07:00 PM
Beautiful dimes! Right, you were going to go five whole days without swinging the coil? rofl

I want to see a photo of the 'miscellaneous finds'. :devilish:

Hey, it could happen! lol The miscellaneous items are in the 'bucket'. :cheesysmile: lol Trash, really. :confused:

Nice digs. That Canadian dime is sweet. It's getting harder to get out in the evenings with sunset coming so early now...

I know. :-\ It shortens the hunt quite a bit. I will have to take advantage of the weekends. :yes:

milco
10-14-2010, 07:53 PM
Great silver dimes! Yes the daylight is short, time to bring out the headlamp!

coinnut
10-14-2010, 10:45 PM
Nice little silver pile Angel. Did you take your BB gun out and try your aim on that Canadian? I believe today was just a test run for the weekend lol

jkress
10-14-2010, 11:05 PM
You are smack dab in the middle of the zone!

Pulling those kinds of coins on a 'I have to scratch the itch' hunt is mind blowing.

Curious... do you get fooled in to digging much rusty iron still?

Great finds Angel. :clapping:

HEAVYMETALNUT
10-14-2010, 11:48 PM
seriously......i don't know what else to say anymore :dontknow:

catskillcomics
10-15-2010, 06:44 AM
Only 7 silvers :thinkingabout:, you go from 48 to 7 silvers?? Come on, no slacking off now rofl Great Job Angel thumbsup01

angellionel
10-15-2010, 08:53 AM
Great silver dimes! Yes the daylight is short, time to bring out the headlamp!

I have one. lol It's been many, many years since I've ventured out to any park while it is dark. I'm no longer as adventurous. lol

Nice little silver pile Angel. Did you take your BB gun out and try your aim on that Canadian? I believe today was just a test run for the weekend lol

I was bummed at that hole on the dime, but it does have a story to tell. :yes: Now I'm thinking that I will be skunked this weekend. lol

You are smack dab in the middle of the zone!

Pulling those kinds of coins on a 'I have to scratch the itch' hunt is mind blowing.

Curious... do you get fooled in to digging much rusty iron still?

Great finds Angel. :clapping:

Thanks, Joe. I'm not really having a problem with iron. I do dig an occasional rusty nail, but no more than I used to when I had used other machines, and in fact I dig less of them. :yes:

seriously......i don't know what else to say anymore :dontknow:

It's okay, I don't either. lol

Only 7 silvers :thinkingabout:, you go from 48 to 7 silvers?? Come on, no slacking off now rofl Great Job Angel thumbsup01

I know, but Some sites are stingier than others. lol

RobW
10-15-2010, 09:00 AM
Hoping foe one ending up with 7.....not bad, then again it is you, should have been hoping for 10 ended up with 70!

angellionel
10-15-2010, 10:43 AM
Hoping foe one ending up with 7.....not bad, then again it is you, should have been hoping for 10 ended up with 70!

I should have, eh. lol

The site I detected has yielded 55 silver coins this year, mostly from the late 1800's to early 1900's. Aside for the opportunity it offers for finding old coins, I head there to enjoy a few hours of quiet and relaxing time, since it isn't crowded like the typical park. :yes:

wild willy
10-24-2010, 02:16 AM
i think the seated is the star of the bunch. :interesting: willy

Jason in Enid
10-24-2010, 09:14 AM
Great pull of silver Angel! That Seated dime is tops!