PDA

View Full Version : Photos of hunting grounds and American landscape

Menzl
08-11-2021, 02:38 AM
Hello all. I had the idea to publish here a post in which photos of the hunting grounds can be shown. Old farms, fields and trails and other landscapes for example. It would really please me to see some of the landscapes with you in the USA. Also welcome are pictures of historical places and monuments. I would be happy if something is shown.

del
08-11-2021, 06:09 AM
Great idea Menzl , looking toward seeing some interesting places .

Dan

Tony Two-Cent
08-11-2021, 10:15 AM
From the 2013 American Detectorist calendar. I took this photo of an old home site in western Illinois.

Menzl
08-11-2021, 01:19 PM
Impressive photo! A really old cabin. Do you have information about the usage history? Thank you for showing me. And congratulations on the great coins. The silver one on the top left is my favorite!

Tony Two-Cent
08-11-2021, 02:06 PM
Impressive photo! A really old cabin. Do you have information about the usage history? Thank you for showing me. And congratulations on the great coins. The silver one on the top left is my favorite!

Full Metal Digger took me to this site. I should clarify that the coins shown in the photo weren't found there. If I remember correctly we didn't find much at this cabin.

OxShoeDrew
08-11-2021, 04:36 PM
Yes! Would love to see where you dig those old artifacts! I'll take some pics of my sites and show you what New England looks like. My area is odd on the forums because compared to the rest of the US it's old but compared to you in Europe it's aptly named "New."

Menzl
08-17-2021, 05:10 AM
Hello, here are some more impressions from Central Germany.
The ,,Harz,,- Mountains are a mystical place. It was also called the Hercynian (primeval) forest by the Romans. It is part of the German low mountain ranges. Archaeologically here are some interesting protected places. For example, a large battlefield where our (and maybe also your;)) ancestors fought against the Romans. There are also many castles and sacrificial sites from prehistoric times. In the legends here are especially devils, witches and ogres. Goethe wrote his ,,Faust,, against this backdrop.
The rock formation is called the Devil's Wall. At that time, people could not explain the origin of this rock formation and thought that the devil had built it.

badgers325
08-17-2021, 11:57 AM
Thank you for sharing Menzl. These are really cool photos and educational!

Full Metal Digger
08-17-2021, 05:04 PM
Full Metal Digger took me to this site. I should clarify that the coins shown in the photo weren't found there. If I remember correctly we didn't find much at this cabin.

Yes, I took Tony there as it is one of the oldest houses in the county. The cabin was actually moved in the early 1900's. I seem to recall it had been moved about 900 feet to the west. Do you recall Tony? Also, I think that is my 1925 silver quarter in the lower right of the picture!