PDA

View Full Version : A Sterling insignia

Cheap Thrills
08-01-2021, 01:34 PM
The old school is still doing it ! I found this Merchant Marine insignia along with ten assorted coins of which two were wheats . This time I was using the Nox with the 6" coil and the default setting .

wisconsin digger
08-01-2021, 02:58 PM
Congrats on the military relic, its been awhile since I found any military stuff. WD

Full Metal Digger
08-01-2021, 04:59 PM
Why do you think it's Merchant Marine? Just kidding, great find! It's the first one I've ever seen so they must be fairly rare. Happy digging, Dave.

Cheap Thrills
08-01-2021, 06:07 PM
Congrats on the military relic, its been awhile since I found any military stuff. WD

Thanks WD ! This was found not far from where I found that Marines Sharpshooters Badge near the schools flagpole . Perhaps during the war years military people came by to lead the pledge to the flag for the students ?

Why do you think it's Merchant Marine? Just kidding, great find! It's the first one I've ever seen so they must be fairly rare. Happy digging, Dave.

Thanks Dave ,Happy digging to you and WD as well . It's the first time I've ever seen one myself , finding one was a cool way to find out they even existed !