PDA

View Full Version : Finds from many time periods today

Full Metal Digger
04-16-2021, 04:46 PM
Hello friends,
Today I spent 3 hours in one corner of a meadow on the side of a big hill. The area I searched for 3 hours was probably 100' x 100'. The grass is starting to get tall and I really had to push my coil down in spots. My buddy Tom and I found 9 Roman coins between us! We each also found a Nazi badge. A few buttons rounded out the day. My big surprise find was a Roman lice comb. My best find was a bucket list medieval beehive thimble. I just love the way the hand-punched dimples spiral around all the way to the top!

wisconsin digger
04-16-2021, 06:06 PM
Amazing stuff as usual. Congrats on the amazing recoveries. WD

Tony Two-Cent
04-17-2021, 07:02 AM
Incredible array of finds, Dave! I'm pretty sure nobody has posted a Roman lice comb on this forum before. :lol:

I love the Roman coins. Are they Minims? The thimble is spectacular as well. It cleaned up beautifully. Wonderful!

:perfect10:

OxShoeDrew
04-17-2021, 11:42 AM
I have no idea what I could add except thanks for sharing these ridiculous finds here! I appreciate the pics and presentation too!

Donnie B
04-17-2021, 02:02 PM
Great finds. I absolutely love that thimble. I have been hoping to find one that was hand made but those are probably too old to find over here unless it was an heirloom.