PDA

View Full Version : Easter hunts produce no gold eggs but get some nice silver ones

wisconsin digger
04-05-2021, 10:30 PM
Headed to Northern Wisconsin to check out a new Park - it was closed - so I hit some old standbys. I ended up with the nicest SLQ ('23) and a really nice Barber Half ('15 S). The only downer was the highly acidic soil that really eats up the coppers. I found 7 Indians I am not sure I'll even get dates off of. I also picked up 2 Merc's a really nice 1901 Barber dime and a Canadian silver dime. Happy Easter all from Wisconsin Digger

Bucknut
04-06-2021, 07:45 AM
All of that in your "standby" park? Wow! The SLQ is my favorite coin....been a couple years since I last found one. I'm really jealous with all that silver in one hunt. Congrats!

Full Metal Digger
04-06-2021, 09:49 AM
Great finds! That SLQ was an EARLY drop for sure. With all that silver I wouldn't even care about the condition of the indians!

Digger Don
04-06-2021, 02:06 PM
I am amazed by what you are still able to pull out of parks.:wow:
Nice bunch of coins!!

Donnie B
04-06-2021, 07:51 PM
Nice silver!

wisconsin digger
04-06-2021, 07:52 PM
Actually this was 3 hunts and different places. The Park I found the Barber Half at is not real big but in several years of hunting (usually clad hunts) I have found 4 silvers. A Merc, a Rosie and 2 silver halves - the Barber and a Walker. I wish all parks had that ratio. The Nox has reopened a lot of parks for me. The Barber was right in the middle of an old ballfield that I've gone over plenty. Almost every park I've revisited has produced silver. Thx guys WD

Tony Two-Cent
04-07-2021, 10:31 AM
Dang! Two gorgeous silver coins! That 1923 SLQ is a thing of beauty! Rarely do we see those early ones in that kind of shape. Nice! :loveit:

The 1915-S Barber Half is nothing to sneeze at either! That was the last date of the Barber Halves, they didn't make them in 1916.

Awesome finds! :notworthy: