PDA

View Full Version : Balanced Nox

OxShoeDrew
02-24-2021, 04:45 PM
Hey everyone!
I've tried a number of solutions to balance the Equinox and have settled on a 1lb diver's weight. Using the strap, it feels as good as my T2 now. What are you all doing?:thinkingabout:

Lodge Scent
02-24-2021, 05:15 PM
Making a detector heavier so it feels lighter ! Now that is some out-of-the-box thinking there brother. :lol: But your counterweight approach is probably the least annoying way to balance a detector.

I tried bungy cords on my old heavy DFX when my elbow flared up once. But that was very annoying. Then I figured out it was just easier to use my other arm. :)

The Deus is a bit nose heavy but it is so light overall I don't even notice it anymore.

OxShoeDrew
02-24-2021, 05:30 PM
I remember Dan's DFX looking rear end heavy.
You hooked it up so your back took the weight?

Bucknut
02-24-2021, 07:08 PM
I have never noticed a balance issue with the Nox. But I came from the Etrac which is 3 times heavier so maybe that is why I don't notice it.

that counter weight is a good solution.

Lodge Scent
02-24-2021, 09:00 PM
I remember Dan's DFX looking rear end heavy.
You hooked it up so your back took the weight?

Yeah Drew I ran a bungy cord over my shoulder down to my belt. It definitely helped but not practical for woods hunting. I wasn't clever enough to think of a counterweight.

OxShoeDrew
02-25-2021, 10:06 AM
I remember taking it out of the box and swinging it in my living room for the first time, telling my wife, "well I don't like this." :lol:
After some hunts my forearms hurt until I read others were having the same problems. Many were counterbalancing, and they started selling after-market shafts to correct the issues. I watched a guy put a 2lb diver weight on so I bought one, but it was TOO heavy. 1lb seems just right.
I hear the CTX is much heavier than the e-trac, but better balanced.

Lodge Scent
02-25-2021, 03:17 PM
Hey Drew, check out my perfectly balanced rig !

https://i.imgur.com/s5BPXZ6.jpg?1

OxShoeDrew
02-25-2021, 06:07 PM
:lol:
We do need to have a Roomba type detector so this would be all for naught.

Vito
02-28-2021, 01:06 PM
hi Drew.

That's a nice idea as there is nothing else you can do.:thumbsup01:
When I had the Sovereign-GT I mounted the electronic box below the elbow cup. That felt very nice balanced this way.

OxShoeDrew
02-28-2021, 02:44 PM
Wow, Vito! You're much more handy than I am. I'd never think to move the whole thing.
Alas, I went out today with 3 or 4 inches on the ground and it felt heavy. Maybe I'll try 3/4 lb.

BH505Man
03-21-2021, 09:40 PM
Hey everyone!
I've tried a number of solutions to balance the Equinox and have settled on a 1lb diver's weight. Using the strap, it feels as good as my T2 now. What are you all doing?:thinkingabout:
I purchased the PWR-NOX Power Pack by RB Innovations. It has the perfect weight needed for a counterbalance weight and doubles the run time of my detector. In a pinch it can be used to recharge your cell phone, blue tooth headset or the WM-08 wireless module. It's better than carrying a dead weight on your detector that has no other function.

OxShoeDrew
04-03-2021, 07:30 AM
I purchased the PWR-NOX Power Pack by RB Innovations. It has the perfect weight needed for a counterbalance weight and doubles the run time of my detector. In a pinch it can be used to recharge your cell phone, blue tooth headset or the WM-08 wireless module. It's better than carrying a dead weight on your detector that has no other function.Another great idea, thanks!
Here's an idea I found online-
http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=1908769&d=1615341435