PDA

View Full Version : Seated Love Token!!

Bucknut
08-04-2020, 11:36 AM
Sunday evening I went to an old park that dates back to the 1850's or so. I have never found a seated there but I have had a fair amount of success over the years and I know that there has to be lots of old deep coins there. I also wanted to try out the new Equinox update that is supposed to help find deep high conductors like silver and copper. I had a fantastic hunt there and I will post all the finds another day but this bucket lister below showed up just as I was going to head to the local beach to look for some gold.

It was in a area I have gone over before so perhaps I just missed it or perhaps it was partially masked by another target...its a trashy area. Came in at a 30 in one direction and 26-27 the other direction and about 8 inches deep.

I picked it up and saw that it was a seated dime but it was too dirty to see the date and the other side was completely caked with dirt. When I got to the car to rinse it with some water I was in shock to see that it was a love token!

Can anyone decipher the text? My wife has a calligraphy book but not sure what the letters are...or even which way is right side up. I think the top pic of the etching is the one that is the right side up. My guess is GEF.

Full Metal Digger
08-04-2020, 04:22 PM
Interesting find! A bucket lister for sure. The last pic is actually upside down. I've been doing calligraphy for over 30 years and the font seems very unusual. It looks like GIF to me but I can't be 100% sure because the letters are highly stylized.

Tony Two-Cent
08-04-2020, 04:58 PM
To me, this is a dream find for any detectorist! Personal, precious and historic, it doesn't get much better, and this one is a wonderful example. I've yet to find one and it is a major bucket list item for me!

Huge congrats on the spectacular find! :clapping:

:perfect10:

Ill Digger
08-04-2020, 05:07 PM
Wow! That's sharp!
Congrats!:congrats:
A wishlister for me too.

milco
08-06-2020, 11:34 PM
Awesome find on that seated love token! Looking forward to seeing the rest and hearing more about the update.

Lodge Scent
08-08-2020, 11:20 AM
That is cool !

wisconsin digger
08-08-2020, 06:47 PM
That is an amazing find. It's nice to uncover those hidden gems in heavily hunted parks. thx for posting. WD

OxShoeDrew
08-09-2020, 01:03 PM
HOLY WOW! :drool:
Were you in 4khz?
I'd have to say that's near the top of my wish list as well! CONGRATS!

Bucknut
08-09-2020, 06:47 PM
HOLY WOW! :drool:
Were you in 4khz?
I'd have to say that's near the top of my wish list as well! CONGRATS!

No at the time I was in multi. I was going back and forth all evening but for that dig I was in multi and I did not even think to toggle over to 4khz. Do you know if multi includes 4khz? Or just all the other frequencies? It seems that maybe multi does not include it...next update maybe it will.?

OxShoeDrew
08-10-2020, 03:49 AM
Do you know if multi includes 4khz? Nope, it's stand alone.

Donnie B
08-10-2020, 06:27 AM
Awesome find! I have never found a love token in 24 years of detecting. Congrats!:envious: