PDA

View Full Version : First Two Weeks with Nox600 - Parks and Park Construction Projects

milco
05-31-2020, 09:05 AM
Well, I got the Equinox 600 about a month ago and after tinkering around with it for the first week or so, I finally got in some good hunts to a couple of spots. These hunts were either to some park sites that I have been to many, many times or to some park areas that are currently under construction. All of the glass and shell buttons, along with all the glass were eyeball finds from the construction sites after recent rains while detecting. I am anxious to get this detector on some real old sites, but most of those are now in planted fields. HH all!

Digger Don
05-31-2020, 04:03 PM
Wow, it looks like you put the new machine to work!!
Nice bunch of finds. Congrats!

Oneil1979
05-31-2020, 04:13 PM
Nice spread, is that $100 pesos coin? Havnt seen one I awhile.

Bucknut
05-31-2020, 06:28 PM
I think you are really doing well with the Nox. Lots of great finds!

Ill Digger
05-31-2020, 07:39 PM
Oh yeah. It looks like you've hit the ground running with the Nox! Lots of nice finds already! :thumbsup02:
Congrats! :grin:

Do you think that top left marble, (green with swirls), is a uranium glass? I recently seen someone online do this. Take black light and hold up the glass and uranium glass will glow.

aloldstuff
06-01-2020, 05:15 AM
Seems to me that you are maintaining the reputation that the Nox has, which is that this machine will turn all your old sites into brand new ones. Great group of finds.

OxShoeDrew
06-01-2020, 07:19 AM
You're a quicker study than I was. Two weeks in and I couldn't find a manhole cover with magnets attached to my coil.
Were you previously using a Minelab? Nice job!

milco
06-02-2020, 08:59 PM
Oh yeah. It looks like you've hit the ground running with the Nox! Lots of nice finds already! :thumbsup02:
Congrats! :grin:

Do you think that top left marble, (green with swirls), is a uranium glass? I recently seen someone online do this. Take black light and hold up the glass and uranium glass will glow.

Cool trick on the marble! I will have to track down a black light and try that.

milco
06-02-2020, 09:01 PM
You're a quicker study than I was. Two weeks in and I couldn't find a manhole cover with magnets attached to my coil.
Were you previously using a Minelab? Nice job!

Thank you! This is my first Minelab and I have only used just a basic White's Coinmaster for that past 12 years. I did spend a fair amount of time watching and listening to tones on Youtube videos which helped. Also, because I often hunt in construction projects with dirt getting moved around daily, I pretty much dig everything which helps learn some of the tones.