PDA

View Full Version : Corned Beef Silver!!

Beefcake
09-15-2010, 09:45 PM
Tonight a friend and I hunted our Super Double Secret Cornfield of Dreams... This site has produced and will continue to produce some really awesome coins. We've pulled Capped bust coins, 2 and 3 centers, barbers, LC's, SLQ's, Indians, and alot of really cool relics. We haven't been able to hunt the cornfield for a couple of months... Someone decided to grow their own Special Crops in the middle of the corn, so we figured since there has been a few really cool evenings, the Special Crops would have been harvested. No such luck...still there and even more than we originally thought... But, anywhooo... We were there and decided to brave it and hunt anyway. My buddy got two Indian heads and some neat relics. My only find to speak of was this 1920 D Standing Liberty Quarter... It is only the second one I've ever found since starting to detect. I cleaned it up a little and realized it was a semi-key date with a bottom dollar of $50! Wooohoo! The other SLQ I found was a 1920 plain...so I've got a nice set now. I can't wait for the corn and other stuff to be harvested so we can get back to hunting this very large field. Here's the pics of the Corned Beef in Action...

jkress
09-15-2010, 10:13 PM
Very, very nice!!!

I haven't found a SLQ yet but hoping to find one this year. Kind of weird that the only two you found were of the same year. :thinkingabout:

I still am blown away how some very great finds are found in crop fields here in the US. I hope there are many more treasures to come to come for you.

:thinkingabout: :thinkingabout: :thinkingabout: ...... silver is at about $20/oz. the other stuff is probably several x's more per oz. :lipssealed: :rolleyes: :lipssealed:

Be safe and congrats!!

Beefcake
09-15-2010, 10:33 PM
I figure there is probably over 40 of them in that field... I guess the thread could have been Corned Beef Hash...lol I just want it gone, so we can hunt without the fear of being shot. This site is something special and took a good bit of research to locate, but it will keep us in coins for many years to come.

jkress
09-15-2010, 10:38 PM
This site is something special and took a good bit of research to locate, but it will keep us in coins for many years to come.

...... maybe a call to your local Drug task force? Probably better to just let them harvest and hit it hard afterward.

again, be safe!!

Beefcake
09-15-2010, 10:50 PM
That was considered... But, come fall when they see a these two guys out there with metal detectors, who do you think they would think turned them in:huh: It's a headache that I don't want or need... Who knows, it could be the farmer's (doubt it) and we definately don't want to lose this site to hunt... I could care less about it being there other than the safety factor of it... more annoying than anything. Maybe we could put a note on them... Could you please plant these somewhere else next year? LOL.

Jason in Enid
09-16-2010, 08:14 AM
Congrats on pulling the nice silver! Good job on the research to find such a great place.

You really should make an anonymous call to the cops about the special crops. If the planters get away with it this year, they will plant again next year. Many planter place booby traps (the kind that kill and maim) around and leading in to thier crops. You need to get it stopped.

CyberSage
09-16-2010, 01:13 PM
Nice find Beef! An SLQ still eludes me. One of these days. Clever thread title. lol Congratulations on the on the good date!

JAck

coinnut
09-16-2010, 06:09 PM
Nice STQ :shocked04: :clapping: Them crops are probably just the local kids growing some and figuring the farmer won't notice. Around here the unmarked helicopters take flight during harvest season and look for them patches. But it could be a dangerous event if you ever come face to face with the growers, or the cops who think it's yours. :shocked04:stretcher: I'd probably detect it too lol because I hardley ever do what I should do. :rolleyes:

SeabeeRon
09-16-2010, 06:43 PM
Duuuude.....sweet finds....I mean sweet finds...ah, what was I saying??!? :poke: :boxing: :poke:

rsarge1
09-16-2010, 07:46 PM
very nice i too agree make an anonamous call from a pay phone nice coins

jkress
09-16-2010, 08:44 PM
Sorry... just couldn't resist any longer. lol rofl

Respecting forum rule #3, I left the SLQ alone. :rolleyes:

SeabeeRon
09-16-2010, 08:59 PM
rofl rofl Rasta Beef!! :twirlingeyes: lol

Ill Digger
09-16-2010, 09:06 PM
Sorry... just couldn't resist any longer. lol rofl

Respecting forum rule #3, I left the SLQ alone. :rolleyes:
rofl rofl thumbsup01 It's rule 4 but... thats funny lol Yeaaahmon :peace:
Sweet find Bri !!
Yeah thats a tough call....to hunt or not to hunt .That is the question :thinkingabout:
Especialy me...I'm still loookin' for my first SLQ crying01
Congrats :grin:

Schrecky
09-17-2010, 05:33 AM
Nice find keep the finds coming.

Cheap Thrills
09-17-2010, 03:06 PM
Gorgeous SLQ !! There's probably dozens of great coins underneath those Doobie bushes . Yep ,
I would have to dig those bad boys up and have a look-see . :grin: rofl

Beefcake
09-17-2010, 03:39 PM
OMG...That picture is hilarious!!! LOL

coinnut
09-17-2010, 03:41 PM
OMG...That picture is hilarious!!! LOL

Evil twin brother aye Brian?? lol It is a job well done thumbsup01 :clapping:

z118
09-17-2010, 04:21 PM
That's one sweet find for sure. What was in the field before that explains the great digs?

Beefcake
09-17-2010, 11:04 PM
A town... yeah, really... an abandoned town that dates back to earliest time in Ohio. Unfortunately, that's all the more I can say. The site is very large and will keep us busy for a long time.