PDA

View Full Version : Old coin spill

wisconsin digger
10-20-2019, 01:30 PM
Had an interesting hunt at a very old Park that has been pounded pretty well. My original plan was to hunt a parking lot connected to the Park but the grass was really long, probably a good spot next spring when the grass is flat. I ended up in the Park and spent the rest of the day there. Almost immediately getting out of the car I dug what was not a great signal. It had a little depth so I gave it a shot. The first thing I found was a coin ball with a bigger silver rim. I rubbed the dirt off and saw the eagle on back, Barber quarter. Checked the hole and had more signals the first 2 being nails. Pulled out a wheat I was sure would be an Indian and another signal in the hole turned out to be a V nickel. I covered the plug and scanned again and had a nickel signal in the same area, that turned out to be a Buffalo. Best old coin spill I have seen in awhile. Later I found a small area where I found several Wheaties, 2 Buffalos and a Rosie. All in all I hunted almost 4 hours and found all my best finds in about 10 minutes of hunting. Wisconsin Digger
The V nickel really cleaned up nicely in salt and vinegar.

Full Metal Digger
10-20-2019, 01:41 PM
That is a great day detecting! I love it when the old spills have about 3 or 4 different kinds of coins in them. Happy digging, Dave.

Bucknut
10-20-2019, 05:18 PM
Great spill! At really old places it can pay to dig the deep odd signals.

BTV Digger
10-21-2019, 04:46 PM
Excellent spill! So gratifying to find an old set of coins like that!

John

Tony Two-Cent
10-22-2019, 08:41 AM
What an awesome coin spill! That had to be really fun to dig. Love that Barber Quarter! :loveit:

Way to dig those iffy signals in a pounded park. :thumbsup02:

:congrats:

badgers325
10-24-2019, 02:15 PM
Congrats on the finds in the park. Seems like the iffy signals are the only ones left in the parks around us. Although the other day I got an IHP 2" deep in a Milw. park that likely has been pounded. That was an easy signal.

Digger Don
10-26-2019, 05:52 PM
That doesn't happen very often. Nice variety of coins in one hole.:congrats:

Fire Fighter 43
10-27-2019, 09:35 AM
WTG Dave, nice old spill.